Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:56 AM

186 posts, read 611,496 times

Advertisements

I would agree on saying "go to Mexico." Any place in the US, no matter how hispanic, will be American. Although I understand why you want what you want.

I'm moving to LA in a few months to study (moving from Colorado). I want to get in touch with the Mexican culture there because I'm from Mexico City. I mostly want to find other people from Mexico City, since most immigrants are from northern Mexico. But no matter how many Mexicans I find there, it will never be exactly what I want.

When I think about it, what I truly want to do is move back home to Mexico City. But at this point, I want to live in LA and study. I'll still try to become friends with other Mexicans, but to be honest, I will always simply want to go back home.

While we're at it, are there any specific areas where rich or at least better off Mexican immigrants live in LA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 02:00 PM

201 posts, read 648,516 times
Thank you so much for coming to Los Angeles. My family and I will be waiting at the border to welcome you, (We do this every year around Cinco De Mayo) There is so much that a Hispanic family can do in this town. Feel free to enjoy all that LA offers. We have many Hispanic festivals, great Mexican food as well as a very diverse culture. You will ntoice that people are welcoming and pretty much open their wallets for the Hispanic Culture. Also, everything is very clean and fruitful. LA is a wonderful place to raise a family and the values and morals of people are something that will make you feel right at home. While I am typing this I am getting your healthcare papers ready. See you soon.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:52 PM

422 posts, read 1,818,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelBrock77 View Post
Thank you so much for coming to Los Angeles. My family and I will be waiting at the border to welcome you, (We do this every year around Cinco De Mayo).
I thought you moved to Rochester because you hated "cali".

Old 04-08-2010, 12:15 AM

62 posts, read 182,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
How about Mexico?

I second this. Why live in the United States if you want to speak Spanish rather than English?

Old 04-08-2010, 02:20 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettedaviseyes View Post
I second this. Why live in the United States if you want to speak Spanish rather than English?
Well, there are plenty of places within our borders for Spanish-speakers to get their Spanish-speakin' on.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:55 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 970diego View Post
While we're at it, are there any specific areas where rich or at least better off Mexican immigrants live in LA?
Rich Mexicans? West L.A.

I have never met any Mexicans from Mexico City as long as I have lived in Los Angeles.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:03 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I have never met any Mexicans from Mexico City as long as I have lived in Los Angeles.
I have, but it was in Corona.

I've met tons of guys from Puebla. I've also known some from Guanajuato, Michoacan, Jalisco, Veracruz, Queretaro, Sinaloa, Guerrero, the state of Mexico, and Oaxaca. I've also known Guatemalans, Salvadorans, and Hondurans.

I can't say I've ever known anybody from the northern/border states. I wonder why that is.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:01 PM

142 posts, read 442,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Rich Mexicans? West L.A.

I have met several Mexicans from Mexico City in LA....including recently at the Mayan in downtown LA.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:26 PM

44 posts, read 64,048 times
So, you have a fixed income, have a son, but no husband or boyfriend and you got knocked up in High School? Yeah, you should head over to East LA

Old 04-10-2010, 11:18 PM

530 posts, read 1,130,840 times
Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles