U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 07:18 AM

1 posts, read 968 times

Advertisements

I read what you are looking for copied it below. HAVE YOU CONSIDERED THAT INSTEAD OF EMBRACING YOUR HISPANIC HERITAGE - you should embrace your AMERICAN heritage and teach that to your son?? Otherwise, why not just move to MEXICO, I am sure a $1000 a month could get you quite a bit down there. It is this attitude of yours that is destroying America, look at the citites in LA, look at the crime data and then what the population make-up is in the area with the high crime and I have to wonder how smart you are to want to teach all of this to your son. I am just glad you didn't have a daughter so she could start popping out babies too with no dad's no money and wanting to celebrate her MEXICAN heritage.... YOU ARE IN AMERICA-ASSIMILATE & I guarantee you will be more successful....

Ok thank you. Maybe i should have been more
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Specific [/SIZE][SIZE=3]as to what kind of Hispanic community we want. A place that speaks Spanish and celebrates the Mexican holidays such as, Dia de los Muertos….ect somewhere that shows the Mexican culture would be ideal. Someone on here said that the budget would have to be 1700 would that be in a cultural part or no? And what did you mean about the pritivit schools i didnt undersatind that.[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 07:49 AM

69,353 posts, read 79,526,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadStateAffairs View Post
I read what you are looking for copied it below. HAVE YOU CONSIDERED THAT INSTEAD OF EMBRACING YOUR HISPANIC HERITAGE - you should embrace your AMERICAN heritage and teach that to your son?? Otherwise, why not just move to MEXICO, I am sure a $1000 a month could get you quite a bit down there. It is this attitude of yours that is destroying America, look at the citites in LA, look at the crime data and then what the population make-up is in the area with the high crime and I have to wonder how smart you are to want to teach all of this to your son. I am just glad you didn't have a daughter so she could start popping out babies too with no dad's no money and wanting to celebrate her MEXICAN heritage.... YOU ARE IN AMERICA-ASSIMILATE & I guarantee you will be more successful....

Ok thank you. Maybe i should have been more
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Specific [/SIZE][SIZE=3]as to what kind of Hispanic community we want. A place that speaks Spanish and celebrates the Mexican holidays such as, Dia de los Muertos….ect somewhere that shows the Mexican culture would be ideal. Someone on here said that the budget would have to be 1700 would that be in a cultural part or no? And what did you mean about the pritivit schools i didnt undersatind that.[/SIZE]
Wait a minute, I am a little confused, are you and the OP the same person? If so was there a reason you changed your screen name and if not, I don't know if others can follow the response, but I know I sure can't.

As for $1700, cultural or not, this would be a good guide line for what you want, assuming you are the OP and are now coming back to the thread.

If you are looking for an area that is primarily Mexican, which it appears you are and really are at the low end of the financual scale you will be looking at a higher crime rate. I am not saying Mexican areas are high crime areas, I am saying lower income areas normally are.

Because of the huge Mexican population in Los Angeles metro area, I think you will be able to find an area where you will be able to introduce your son to your culture but raisning him to be an American first is the most important thing.

Nita

Old 07-15-2010, 12:19 PM

291 posts, read 626,868 times
Get rid of the dogs before they eat your children.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:37 AM

10 posts, read 20,614 times
wee welkum u hear to l.a. we hav very gud skool for you and all yor ankor kin. pleaz *** soon, bfor we wize up and pass arizona law.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:41 AM

422 posts, read 1,565,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royce View Post
wee welkum u hear to l.a. we hav very gud skool for you and all yor ankor kin. pleaz *** soon, bfor we wize up and pass arizona law.
Yo, troll, don't you mean "hear to boise"?

Old 07-29-2010, 09:55 AM

942 posts, read 1,177,627 times
Default Consider Highland Park

If you are still thinking about this move; I've lived in Highland Park for 12 years (I"m gringo) and you may have a chance to get what you are looking for on your budget. Before all the unhelpful posters weigh in about HP, I will tell you it does have some major gang issues. The best way to deal with that would be to be very involved with your children. HP is near downtown LA and has great food markets etc. and overall I don't consider it such a bad place to live.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:06 AM

23,605 posts, read 30,350,561 times
Brownsville, TX!

Old 07-29-2010, 10:16 AM

63 posts, read 157,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erebos View Post
[SIZE=3]Hello, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] I and my family want to move to L.A. however we are concerned about a few things. First of all my family consist of all me and my mother and my sister and my 2 year old son as well as our 2 guard dogs. We are NOT willing to give are guard dogs up due to the fact that other than my son there are no men that live with us. I am a college student as well as my sister and my mother is on a fixed income. We want to move to a part that has strong Hispanic and catholic community. When my son is able to start school I want him to go to a catholic school and a good one at that. We would prefer a house but an apartment would be fine. We want a community that is safe eon for me and my family (being all females) to walk outside safely without being afraid or anything. Our price range isn’t that high t o be honest the highest we could go is 1110 including utilities. Are goals realist and or possible?[/SIZE]

I don't know how old you are but have you thought about importing me? I have good income I earn $3000-4500 per week After Tax. I want to enter USA by marrying someone.

I could give you that life as long as you are willing to help import me.

Criminals lose interest in me after they first look at me so you will be pretty safe. I look like a thug but really I am a nice dude once you get to know me.

Message me if you are interested.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:21 AM

186 posts, read 538,827 times
What's with all these trolls? Geez.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 AM

1,078 posts, read 2,774,288 times
LOL this thread has officially been derailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles