U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 AM

17 posts, read 32,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasksgirl View Post
Just in case you decide on the area around CSUN -

These 2 apartments are next to eachother and are within walking distance of 2 shopping centers (and much more), a park, and a metrolink station.

Canyon Creek apartments for rent in Northridge in Los Angeles – BRE Properties
Prices - Canyon Creek floor plans, pricing and plan a space – BRE Properties

Wow now personally I love these..! Almost makes me wish I was still renting..! lol!
Luxury Apartments in San Fernando Valley at The Villagio
Prices - Villagio - Community Features

Whoops I just remembered your budget..! lol..
Ha! Thanks. These are beautiful. And once I'm working would be more in our price range. We just have to factor in that I might not be working right away (even 6 months into moving) depending on what I find etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
universal city is a small area that is almost completely taken up by universal studios. i don't believe there is any residential building in universal city. studio city is the neighborhood directly west of universal city. studio city is a fairly urban area, especially along ventura blvd.
Thanks! And would you say there's easy access to transit from Studio City as well?

Old 02-11-2010, 10:02 AM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 7,362,419 times
I would definitely try to get close to a train station. You will have a lot more options for transit this way.

Metrolink :: Welcome

There's also a subway system which goes around downtown/Universal City area

http://www.metro.net/around/

Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 AM

305 posts, read 797,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceRachel View Post
Hello,

My boyfriend has been offered a job in Northridge and we're just in the process of making the final decision to move. Our biggest concern is that we'll only have one car and so I will be more or less stuck in whatever area we decide to move to.

I know commute times in LA are disasterous but I'm wondering is there anywhere we could live that would allow me to access jobs etc. while also not creating too much commute time for my boyfriend to Northridge.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks very much!
----------------------------

Metrolink :: Stations

metrolink commuter trains stop in Northridge. That will give you access to other parts of town to work.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:24 AM

7,091 posts, read 18,414,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceRachel View Post
Thanks! And would you say there's easy access to transit from Studio City as well?
if you lived near the intersection of ventura/vineland, you would be a short walk (<10 min) to the universal city metro station. there are many, many apartment buildings in the area.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:45 AM

Thanks for the advice, everyone!!

Old 02-12-2010, 11:39 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,412,266 times
You are far better being close to a redline metro station (Universal City, North Hollywood) than a Metrolink Station (Northridge) as the Metrolink servicing that station has very limited service including nothing on the weekends.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
You are far better being close to a redline metro station (Universal City, North Hollywood) than a Metrolink Station (Northridge) as the Metrolink servicing that station has very limited service including nothing on the weekends.

Yes, I've heard that from others as well. Thanks for this advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles