Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 PM

4,586 posts, read 4,273,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
We went to LA Live. Everything for a date is pretty much right next to each other. Have you been to LA or just Downtown LA?
Just downtown LA. We were around the Jewelry & Fashion District, wasn't impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 07:20 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_OnThe_Land View Post
Yes, this SOUNDS GOOD for the girl but NOT so great for the guy PAYING for it. No offense to you...as I am sure you are lovely. But for a 2nd date that sounds like WAY TOO MUCH!!!
Besides, it is sexist to assume that the man pays for the date.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:21 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,383,617 times
Quote:
What would you do if a girl said she was hungry? Take her to McDonalds?
Does stalling for time count as a strategy?

Seriously though, I would take her somewhere decent and feed her well. There are some things worth more than money at this point of my life AND I'm not as broke anymore!

However, I'm a firm believer that it really doesn't matter what we do, as long as we have a good time, enjoy each other's company, and further get to know each other (that's what 2nd dates are for). Yup.

BUT I've never hung out in downtown after 6 PM, unless it was spending time at the Central Library doing work. I shall try it whenever I get a date down there Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 02-22-2010, 07:45 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post

However, I'm a firm believer that it really doesn't matter what we do, as long as we have a good time, enjoy each other's company, and further get to know each other (that's what 2nd dates are for).

If a chick digs on you then you'll have fun waiting in line at the DMV. If she doesn't then it doesn't make a difference where you take her, how much you spend, what kind of car you drive, or even what you look like. I once took someone out for dinner then to Home Depot on a date.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:08 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_OnThe_Land View Post
Yes, this SOUNDS GOOD for the girl but NOT so great for the guy PAYING for it. No offense to you...as I am sure you are lovely. But for a 2nd date that sounds like WAY TOO MUCH!!!
I think that's why I really liked it. No one has every planned a night so much like this. I am just used to coffee, a meal, a drink, laying down at the beach, and things like that. Our first date was pretty normal. We just went to Casa Vega during happy hour and had a drink.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbytabby View Post
Just downtown LA. We were around the Jewelry & Fashion District, wasn't impressed.
There isn't really much happening there at night. The part by the Staple Center has the stuff I am talking about.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Besides, it is sexist to assume that the man pays for the date.

I know this will get flamed, but in the beginning of "courting" (don't know the alternative word to use) I typically expect the guy to pay. I mean I have even had guys who I didn't like me offer to pay. I'd just assume someone isn't interested if they don't offer.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
If a chick digs on you then you'll have fun waiting in line at the DMV. If she doesn't then it doesn't make a difference where you take her, how much you spend, what kind of car you drive, or even what you look like. I once took someone out for dinner then to Home Depot on a date.
One of the oddest dates I have ever been on was with a guy when I was 21. He took me to run errands with him. Was interesting and I think the last day I went on with him lol.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:25 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
normally its the person who asks the other on a date that pays.

if you ask guys on a date, you should pay.
if they ask you they should pay.
in the initial stages.
or you can always go dutch.

it all depends.

i know lots of confident money making chicks that ask guys out. most guys wont let them pay and insist on paying for the date. the ones that do are keepers my friend says (they usually have less hagups about being with high profile women).

Quote:
I know this will get flamed, but in the beginning of "courting" (don't know the alternative word to use) I typically expect the guy to pay. I mean I have even had guys who I didn't like me offer to pay. I'd just assume someone isn't interested if they don't offer.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
normally its the person who asks the other on a date that pays.

if you ask guys on a date, you should pay.
if they ask you they should pay.
in the initial stages.
or you can always go dutch.

it all depends.

i know lots of confident money making chicks that ask guys out. most guys wont let them pay and insist on paying for the date. the ones that do are keepers my friend says (they usually have less hagups about being with high profile women).

Usually when I ask a guy out, he will still insist on paying. I do on some dates insist on paying saying he has been so generous before, that this one is on me. However, I am not a high profile woman lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles