Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:29 PM

739 posts, read 2,256,876 times

Advertisements

I wouldnt live anywhere in that county its too dangerous. I think about moving to Norway I can make more money there anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 08:08 AM

13,825 posts, read 29,834,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
I wouldnt live anywhere in that county its too dangerous.
Even in the rich enclaves, the mountains, and the unpopulated parts of the desert?

Old 03-27-2010, 03:58 PM

404 posts, read 1,550,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrillo91 View Post
I'm just wondering.
sure. might depend on the neighborhood, though. heck, i am hispanic and wouldn't live on some of those streets

go to "Manuels" (El Tepeyac) restaurant and feel right at home with all the non hispanics you could hope to find in Boyle Heights alone!

also remember east la is pretty big. its not just Boyle Heights. and Highland Park is close enough and has some diversity to it. plus its Eagle Rock adjacent. plenty of culture there that is not hispanic

Old 04-06-2010, 11:38 AM

32 posts, read 85,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploopy View Post
sure. might depend on the neighborhood, though. heck, i am hispanic and wouldn't live on some of those streets

go to "Manuels" (El Tepeyac) restaurant and feel right at home with all the non hispanics you could hope to find in Boyle Heights alone!

also remember east la is pretty big. its not just Boyle Heights. and Highland Park is close enough and has some diversity to it. plus its Eagle Rock adjacent. plenty of culture there that is not hispanic
I went there after my graduation to celebrate. Good-ass (and big) Burrito (Cost alot though). Be The Way I live near the borderline Of East LA / Boyle Heights (LA) (where the "Superior Grocers" is at)

Old 04-08-2010, 12:08 AM

8 posts, read 29,634 times
Well let's just say some white guy and his white friends decide to move there. and say the white guy and his friends enjoy kicking it and walking around then they are almost for sure gonna get confronted by some mexican gangsters and they are gonna check you meaning they are going to see how you react to them. also theres a high chance the gangster might just come up and **** with you too. like say they see you walking around with a i-pod or cell phone they might come up and try to jump you and pull a knife on you unless you hand them your stuff. plus they consider that area their kick it spot and their tuff so if they don't like the way you look or they don't like that your white then your gonna get ****ed with. plus your gonna get noticed a lot so they might try to rob your home. so basically if your white and you live there you'd get ****ed with a lot making you wanna move or making you wanna get revenge and if you do that you'll lose haha. but then again theres a chance if you like drinking and smoking herb and stuff and they like your vibe you can be cool with them but even if you make yourself cool with the locals it's still a ****ty crime ridden area.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:32 AM

32 posts, read 85,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman50 View Post
Well let's just say some white guy and his white friends decide to move there. and say the white guy and his friends enjoy kicking it and walking around then they are almost for sure gonna get confronted by some mexican gangsters and they are gonna check you meaning they are going to see how you react to them. also theres a high chance the gangster might just come up and **** with you too. like say they see you walking around with a i-pod or cell phone they might come up and try to jump you and pull a knife on you unless you hand them your stuff. plus they consider that area their kick it spot and their tuff so if they don't like the way you look or they don't like that your white then your gonna get ****ed with. plus your gonna get noticed a lot so they might try to rob your home. so basically if your white and you live there you'd get ****ed with a lot making you wanna move or making you wanna get revenge and if you do that you'll lose haha. but then again theres a chance if you like drinking and smoking herb and stuff and they like your vibe you can be cool with them but even if you make yourself cool with the locals it's still a ****ty crime ridden area.
There's noooooooooo wayyyyyyyyy that would ever happen here (unless they came from South America & Spoke (Fluent) Spanish)

Old 04-19-2011, 02:52 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,536,956 times
I wouldn't want to live in an area that is overwhelmingly any one race or ethnicity. Segregation, either by choice or necessity, isn't my idea of a good community.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:50 PM

420 posts, read 875,793 times
While living in Whittier, Ca. from 1997 to 2003, I drove a Special Ed. School bus out of El Sereno Middle School, Wilson High and East L.A. Occupational Center. I got to know many parents, teachers, aides and students on an everyday basis. And while I am a person who thinks for themselves, I remember the hate looks I used to get and was always being warned not to be over on that side of town after dark, without my bus or uniform, especially not near any chicas, or there might be real trouble. But I never took any of it seriously, since I did have occasion to be in the area after 6pm because of doing late buses out of Lincoln and Garfield High Schools. So IMO, Maybe if youre of latin descent, speak spanish and hopefully not Afro-American, you might fare better
respect in EasLos.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:33 PM

69 posts, read 199,615 times
The lead singer of the Black Eyed Peas Will I AM (William James Adams Jr.) used to live in East LA and attended South Gate High school for a bit and resided in East Los Angeles before his stardom.

The drummer from No Doubt - Adrian used there also i think. Adrian is white.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:44 PM

396 posts, read 923,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Charles I'm confused. It says race but is this ethnic? How can we have 96.8 and still have room for another 54%?
fuzzy math
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles