U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 03:40 AM

3 posts, read 34,812 times
Default Why do Mexican Sureno gangs have so much hate for blacks!?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...y-killing.html

I recently just moved here from the east coast and I am absolutely appalled by the amount of hate from Mexican Sureno gangs towards not only African-Americans, but to even Asians and Whites. There was one occasion where I was at a party and a couple of Mexican gang members yelled racial slurs at me telling me to "Get the f**k out of here n***er!" I have cited one story of some of these cases above but there have been various instances where I've read about Mexican gang members hunting and looking to kill any African-Americans on the street. I moved here looking forward to the so called "diversity" that LA has to offer but instead I've experienced only intolerance from a specific set of individuals who have this ethnocentric notion. My question is, why do Mexican Sureno gangs have so much animosity towards African-Americans!? Back in the east coast, African-Americans get along with everyone including other Latinos such as Domicanos, Boricuas etc.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:47 AM

3 posts, read 34,812 times
Check out the Ross Kemp video at 48 sec...

YouTube - Ross Kemp with Gangs in Los Angeles Part 3

YouTube - Black and Mexican conflict in Compton and Los Angeles

YouTube - Black & Mexican conflict in Pasadena grows

Old 04-16-2010, 04:36 AM

3,024 posts, read 5,314,819 times
Latin American cultures are generally anti black in disposition, even to the point that they tend to view groups such as Dominicans as black due to historical bloodlines. I do not know why this is, but in my experience with Hispanics in border areas of Texas, blacks are the lowest of all races on the totem pole. The older generations looking to marry off their grandkids tend to prefer the lighter skinned hispanics, followed by whites, then decreasingly darker hispanics, native americans, asians, and lastly blacks of any origin.

Gangs, in general tend to hate anyone different from themselves, and also tend to follow the trend of distaste in racial association as the elder generations, but in all circumstances rather than just close associations. I would expect the more radical or violent the gang, the more active the hatred against other groups will be.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:37 AM

17,918 posts, read 6,224,891 times
Looks like a lovely place to live.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:52 AM

4 posts, read 20,201 times
As an European I always thought that those things are only a fiction from action movies, but now I see that I was probably wrong. I mean what the hell is that and what is the IQ of these guys? Probably zero zero?

Was it all the time like this? I mean I have been in LA and SD few times and never seen any gang fights or members. Does it mean that I am blind or what?

Last edited by Mike_10; 04-16-2010 at 05:07 AM..

Old 04-16-2010, 10:22 AM

9,798 posts, read 12,386,429 times
Mexican gangs fight everyone that is not in their gang. They fight other Mexican gangs as well. Yes the race tensions among those within the gangs is upsetting.

For those that have not seen the gang problems chances are you are living or visiting and area that is not infested. Not all parts of the Metro area are infested with these brainless gang members.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:32 AM

2,318 posts, read 4,704,367 times
From what I understand, it mostly has to do with control of the domestic drug distribution. They are each other's main business rivals, and settle it with violence often times to establish territorial superiority. For those of you that are like... "SoCal is so scary!!!".... this is hardly just a SoCal issue.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:15 AM

2,626 posts, read 3,105,355 times
Mexican gangs hate Salvadorian gangs more than Blacks from what I know. Blacks and Mexicans usually are in separate parts of a city where as Salvadorians are close to the Mexican parts since they both speak Spanish. I'm not Hispanic so I can't go into detail why they hate each other but I know they consider each other extremely dirty and dumb.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:18 AM

16,591 posts, read 18,434,593 times
Don't feel singled-out... they hate everybody outside of their ridiculous little group of criminal sociopaths.

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Don't let one incident drive your opinion of L.A., especially as a newcomer.

2. Stop going to parties that attract/allow that form of sewage.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:10 PM

4,773 posts, read 3,136,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDay70 View Post
Hold on a minute folks....let's not PAINT with too BROAD a brush. A SMALL MINORITY of hispanics and blacks are involved in gangs. The VAST majority are hard working (poor and rich) like everyone else.
The guy's from Orange County. Inhabitants there hold very stereotypical views on minorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles