Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 11:26 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
hang around the concession stands & drink beer.

How is this possible? I forgot, but I thought a person in the bleachers couldn't walk to the main part of the stadium (to buy beer). Once you are in the bleacher area, you have to remain there. Maybe I forgot, I haven't sat in the bleachers since the mid 1970s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 12:01 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times
count me as someone else who has never had a problem with drunks at a dodgers game. i go to 1 or 2 games a years and usually sit in the lower section along one of the foul lines and usually see plenty of families and kids running around having a good time. i've seen more drunken behavior at lakers games when rowdy fans from the upper level somehow make their way to empty seets down below after half time.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:21 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
How is this possible? I forgot, but I thought a person in the bleachers couldn't walk to the main part of the stadium (to buy beer). Once you are in the bleacher area, you have to remain there. Maybe I forgot, I haven't sat in the bleachers since the mid 1970s.
You could very well be correct. I thought there was a concession stand below the bleachers but I've only sat there once. It seemed as rowdy as the upper seats. But I hope people still come to the games. Opening day is unique at least in LA [anyone know if this type of behavior occurs at other ballparks?].

Old 04-22-2010, 02:23 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
You could very well be correct. I thought there was a concession stand below the bleachers but I've only sat there once. It seemed as rowdy as the upper seats. But I hope people still come to the games. Opening day is unique at least in LA [anyone know if this type of behavior occurs at other ballparks?].
I'm sure there is a concession stand but no beer is sold there.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:00 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
The questions are: do other ballparks allow sells of alcohol? Do other parks also have opening day problems?

Old 04-22-2010, 03:22 PM

19 posts, read 29,315 times
GO CUBS!! Wrigley Field is the BEST ballpark to watch a game, in the world. Fact.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:54 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Dodger fans getting too drunk and starting fights!?

I know, shocking huh?

Old 04-22-2010, 05:02 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
If those a'holes need to be drunk to enjoy a ballgame, they should stay in their hovels and watch it on TV.

Management know how to stop this: don't sell alcohol and ban tailgate parties in the lot. But something tells me they don't want to part with the income from those $8 beers.
Are the $8.00 beers at dodgers stadium sm/med or large ? Thats crazy to pay that much for a beer.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:22 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
The questions are: do other ballparks allow sells of alcohol? Do other parks also have opening day problems?
Angel fans are perfectly behaved civilized angels.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:57 PM

493 posts, read 1,447,513 times
Quote:
As far as other parks, I remember going to Tiger Stadium (RIP) in Detroit back in the 50s with my dad when I was a kid. Even back then the concession stands had switched to draft beer in cups, rather than passing out the bottles, that had been done for years.

The reason? The fans would throw the empty bottles at the umpires, opposing players and even their own team, if the Tigers were losing.

One time I was going back to my seat from the concession stand and this guy came running in the opposite direction. I thought the police probably were chasing him. He ducked into one of these old-fashioned (even for that era) phone booths and vomited all over the phone. Another time some kid vomited on the fans below from the upper deck, and another heaved a large soda down onto them. Of course, being a kid, I thought this was hilarious.

That's about as bad as it got. Give me a college football game any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles