U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-15-2007, 04:40 AM

11 posts, read 48,919 times
Default Place for actor-beginner.

Hey!

I'm trying to get into the entertainment business.
Which would be the best place for me to live in?
I would prefer neighborhood with pretty low crime rate etc.
Also, please don't say stuff like "You don't have a chance!"...
Oh, forgot - I could pay like $2,000-$2,500 a month. (for 1 bedroom apartment)

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-15-2007, 09:05 AM

9,403 posts, read 12,268,313 times
Nobody's going to say you don't have a chance - our restaurant and bar industry rely on people just like you! Just kidding of course - I wish you all the luck in the world in pursuit of your eandeavor.

With that price range you could easily find an apartment in just about any area. West LA, Studio City, Burbank, Glendale, West Hollywood, Brentwood, probably even in Beverly Hills. I would look around The Grove - I just saw a 2 bd 2 ba 1100 sq ft apartment listed on craigs for $1950, with balconies and a master suite and views of the Hollywood Hills.

Unread 06-15-2007, 09:11 AM

Thanks for the answer, I really appreciate it! Gonna check those places closer...

Unread 06-15-2007, 02:02 PM

13 posts, read 48,257 times
You should find a roommate on Craigslist. If you type in actor or entertainment in the roommate search bar, you find like minded people to share with and it's cheaper to boot.

Acting is not easy for someone without connections. Unless you're extraordinary talented and good-looking expect to pay your dues for a couple of years or so. You have competition from actors and film directors offspring i.e. Maggie and Jake Gyllenhall, Gwyneth Paltrow with a ton of connections as well as other aspiring actors.

Unread 06-16-2007, 02:50 AM

Thanks!
I'm trying to make some connections, .
I don't know if I'm extraordinary talented, but definitely I don't suck as*, and yes... I'm good-looking.
Maybe Maggie, and Gwyneth have bigger experience in acting, but they are older! (I just turned 19)

Unread 06-17-2007, 01:10 AM

128 posts, read 314,477 times
get an agent.. . I have canadian friends in LA aspiring to act... you have competition.......

Unread 06-17-2007, 03:12 AM

Of course I have competition, but so do they!
I wish them luck!

Unread 07-29-2007, 02:29 PM

51 posts, read 215,110 times
Do not move to Hollywood, I recently moved here and rented in a Hollywood which is a dump. My wife is an "actress" and her friend from LA told her that Hollywood is best place to move into to pursue acting. Close to studios and schools. When renting look for place with rent control otherwise your rent will be increased every year by 15%. I know that West Hollywood and Santa Monica has rent control, both of the places are nice. For detail on rent control look on those cities webpages.

Unread 07-31-2007, 04:24 AM

1,749 posts, read 5,515,572 times
For that you can live in the Hollywood Hills and be midway between Hollywood and Burbank and have a life many only dream of.

Unread 03-24-2008, 07:38 PM

8 posts, read 16,766 times
Red face beginning actor

hey i also have a question
i am also an aspiring actor
and i plan to move to CA some day
and i was wondering where would be the best place and how much it would cost for me to live there?
please answer me
its much appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles