Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:57 PM

5 posts, read 10,447 times

Advertisements

hi guys hope you're all doing well nad have had a nice day

so well my question of you today (just found the site, so also the very first, of proberly many), anyways
I want to visit La (maybe even move there someday) however, none of my friends can afford the journey and none seem to have my passion for la (yes i do know that what I know of La is from movies ect, which is why I wanna visit) but do any of you have any good ideas for pals and people to hang with in la, cus I do not wanna go there and spend all the time there alone, I'm good at chatting up people, but this is a different country and a different language, so it would be nice to "know" someone there. Yes it may sounds ridicules, but it's a dream of mine to visit and to live there, but you never know how your view will change after having been there.
gosh i write a lot here, hopw you'll take it easy on me:P

and just one more question, to move there it woulde be adviseable to have a job first, right? because from what I've heard and read, you don't really get a "green card" unless you have a really good education, anyways

hope you'll want to answer my question(s) and if not, I still thank you for stopping by and reading this thread, no matter how stupid is may sound, have a nice day

xoxo
bo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 01:02 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,842,045 times
Sounds like you'd want to stay in a youth hostel, perhaps in Santa Monica or Venice? That should provide a decent opportunity to meet other travelers while saving you a little money.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:04 PM

Hi laSam

yeah I did look into them, but i just figured that many on those are already traveling with someone and that an extra person, incl someon they might not know would seem like a burden, but yes I have been thinkin about those, even found a few on booking.com

Old 05-26-2010, 01:06 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
couchsurfing

if you want a green card, find a suga momma and marry her getting a green card is very difficult

people in hostels are always looking to meet more people, you wouldn't be a burden - - i dont have any problems going out alone and meeting new people though i have fun with or without my buddies

Old 05-26-2010, 01:12 PM

hi burgler09

yea that was also what I knew, that it would be a hard thing to get hehe that's why I rabbled so much:P and are you surgestion that I should go lesbian to get into the country haha (jk)
coachsurfing, isn't that a bit dangerous, well not dangerous, but can't find the excat word for it, but isn't is a bit unsafe?

Old 05-26-2010, 01:25 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,187,529 times
i've traveled extensively and stayed in many hostels, there always seems to be at least a few people who are traveling alone. i'm sure you'd meet at least a few people who wouldn't mind your company for at least a few days at a time. most of the hostels in LA are in the santa monica/venice area as well as hollywood. unfortunately these areas are not easy to get between without a car or an expensive taxi ride. if you come here, be prepared to learn a sometimes confusing bus system that uses the same roads that are world reknowned for traffic congestion.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:37 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettebo View Post
hi burgler09

yea that was also what I knew, that it would be a hard thing to get hehe that's why I rabbled so much:P and are you surgestion that I should go lesbian to get into the country haha (jk)
coachsurfing, isn't that a bit dangerous, well not dangerous, but can't find the excat word for it, but isn't is a bit unsafe?

hmmm, well if you are a woman send me a few pics and maybe we can work something out 22 years old and a CITIZEN haha

in all seriousness, you could use couchsurfing to just see if anybody wants to meet up and show you around, you dont HAVE to stay at their place. Couchsurfing won't be any more dangerous than a girl going out to a bar alone at 2am. Although I wouldn't recommend just staying at a random person's house, even I wouldn't do that.

From my experience, most people in hostels are just a bunch of dudes looking to go drink and get laid. search a girl on couch surfing or some sort of penpal exchange website if you want to meet some people.

Last edited by intelfan11315; 05-26-2010 at 04:55 PM..

Old 05-28-2010, 09:48 PM

44 posts, read 112,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettebo View Post
hi guys hope you're all doing well nad have had a nice day

so well my question of you today (just found the site, so also the very first, of proberly many), anyways
I want to visit La (maybe even move there someday) however, none of my friends can afford the journey and none seem to have my passion for la (yes i do know that what I know of La is from movies ect, which is why I wanna visit) but do any of you have any good ideas for pals and people to hang with in la, cus I do not wanna go there and spend all the time there alone, I'm good at chatting up people, but this is a different country and a different language, so it would be nice to "know" someone there. Yes it may sounds ridicules, but it's a dream of mine to visit and to live there, but you never know how your view will change after having been there.
gosh i write a lot here, hopw you'll take it easy on me:P

and just one more question, to move there it woulde be adviseable to have a job first, right? because from what I've heard and read, you don't really get a "green card" unless you have a really good education, anyways

hope you'll want to answer my question(s) and if not, I still thank you for stopping by and reading this thread, no matter how stupid is may sound, have a nice day

xoxo
bo
whatever you do don't solicit random guys on the interwebs to hang out/stay with in LA.

Maybe you should wait until one of your friends is ready to travel with you for a holiday.

what you are expecting to find in LA anyway? I've lived here most of my life and it's not all that.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:36 AM

thanks for the answers maybe I should just go alone hehe guess it ain't that much of a problem. and to answer you drew, We were only to who really really wanted to go, but she's preggers and well you just don't travel with a kid just like that and I'm not trying to find a guy, just friends, but i i guess that's the same thing in ur mind or?
and what I'd like to find in LA, not much, not that many things, but for me it's a dream and I've always been taught that you shouldn't question dreams, cuz there are usually no answers to them.

xoxo

Old 05-30-2010, 07:58 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times
I think you should wait until a friend can go with you. I don't want to imagine you wandering around this city by yourself. L.A. is huge, it's sprawling, and it's very easy to get lost in. If you're still determined to do this, then please stay in a good hotel and don't try to save money by traveling cheap. If you want to really see L.A., you're going to have to rent a car and get to know our freeway system. This is also best done with a passenger to help you navigate! I've lived here all of my life, and I still find our freeways confusing. Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles