U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-12-2010, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
787 posts, read 1,623,021 times
Reputation: 372

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escort Rider View Post
First, this is off-topic because it belongs in the religion forum. Second, I wouldn't call any plan perfect if it involves the horrible suffering of large numbers of innocent children, as in the Holocaust.
Yes, I second this: God's plan was perfect. The OP lost her job and her Dad died. Sounds like a wonderful plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2010, 01:41 PM
 
3,592 posts, read 4,512,941 times
Reputation: 4730
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Don't forget us conservative heathens that characterize the South as an area dominated by religious bigotry.


And not to state the obvious in terms of dating, but most guys that have an interest in starting a family and/or getting married do so before they are in their 30's. This is not unique to LA, though Hollywood has a lot of eternal bachelors.

Lastly, this whole gentleman thing is rather trite and conflicts with the laid-back nature of most Californians. Californians tend to shun formality and silly things like opening a door are just that.
Hmm. I think this whole "Californians are just more laid-back" is just an excuse to to be selfish, mediocre and dsyfunctional when dealing with members of the opposite sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 12:26 AM
 
Location: New Orleans
525 posts, read 917,788 times
Reputation: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinsonCrusoe View Post
Dear OP,

i think it's fine for people to vent. especially on anonymous internet forums. get it all out there and free yourself of whatever psychological/emotional/spiritual burdens you have or think you have. but at some point when it's all out of you, you need to sit down and think deeply about why you're so pissed off. You shouldn't live like this with that kind of mentality. It's only going to hurt you in the long run and wear you down emotionally. All those groups of people you dissed? Hell, they probably already forgot about you and are having a great time doing whatever it is they're doing. Unlike you, they don't have that chip on their shoulder. So why let it bother you when it probably doesn't bother them?

look, there's a lot of things that happen that shouldn't. and it drives all of us insane. but you honestly have to stop blaming it on OTHER people, events, and, yes, even the location. The city you describe could easily be another girl's experience in NYC. Or Chicago. Miami. London. Tokyo.

As a guy who recently knocked off a huge chip from his shoulder, I think it all VERY much depends on how you view yourself and the world. It's literally like the difference between looking through a fractured windowpane or a clear one: everything is colored differently depending on how YOU view the world. If you think everybody's out to get you, or that no one pays you enough respect, or that life is crap, or whatever...then nobody can convince you otherwise. and when you come onto these forums to vent, what you're really looking for are other like-minded people to vent with you...in other words, nobody to tell you the truth that you need to hear: it's all in your head. we are all our own demons.

I have this Asian male friend who grew up seeing a lot of asian women-white men pairings and believed that all asian girls go for white men and thus, he has no chance with asian girls. He harbors a resentment towards Asian girls and it shows. Big Chip on his shoulder. It keeps not just asian girls, but most girls in general away from him. Rants and vents ALL THE TIME about how asian girls are sluts and whores and only date white guys for the money. Then one day, he asked out this girl at his church, and to his surprise, she said yes. He's now the happiest guy I know, constantly in a good mood, and is quite popular with the girls he meets now. It's literally ALL IN YOUR HEAD.

I also have an attractive black female friend who's also ridiculously smart and attending grad school. She has good reasons for wanting to only date black Christian men and would like to bring one home. But all the black fellas she comes across date white women, and this depresses her all the time because she thinks her being black and smart makes her unworthy. She's still single and carries a very large chip on her shoulders. Even when black men are interested in her, she doesn't get too involved because she "knows he'll eventually walk out the door with some blond bimbo." See what I mean? Her whole body language, demeanor, attitude closes up even when everything she wants is literally sitting right in front of her. It's her view of the world that's getting in the way of her happiness, not the city or her race or her brains.

I think it's a defense-mechanism...to try to crawl back into our shell and lick our (self-perceived) wounds when the world has been mean to us by projecting onto the world how we view it...but that doesn't mean you're right. You may be TOTALLY right in your PERCEPTION about LA, about the men, the living standards, or whatever...and still be completely wrong in your JUDGMENT.

This is what your line of reasoning would look like:
Premise (A) The men I come across in LA are effeminate little b*tches
Premise (B) Men here seem to be MORE effeminate little b*tches than everywhere else I've been.
Conclusion: There's something wrong with LA.

See, it's possible for both your premises to be dead-on...and still have your conclusion be totally off.

How about keeping the same two premises and instead concluding:
Okay, this must mean I'm hanging around the wrong social circles because not ALL men can be like this. My Premise A stated that the men I come across are effeminate little b*tches (hereafter shortened to just ELBs cuz my fingers are about to go numb from typing that **** over and over again), so I'll have to start coming across different men in different settings.

You also have a "Men in LA are ELBs --> All men are the same --> therefore ALL men everywhere are ELBs" kinda mentality. suggest you rethink your conclusion there too.

Ask yourself if this sounds like you and be honest. you don't have to reply to this or anything, just chew on it for a bit.

we search all our lives for some location or place where the grass is greener. We think it has to do with location. As if Paris is better than Milan. Or NYC > Miami. All i can tell you with absolute certainty is that there is ONE place in life where the grass is always guaranteed to be greener on the other side: your mindset when you make peace with yourself and the world. And you don't need to buy plane tickets or waste any money to get there.

ok, so i'm done now. sorry, it was really long and kind of depressing post.

but, uh, i'm gonna feel stupid if you say I've been totally off in my assessment so...

how bout them lakers, huh? kobe gonna kill it in game 3 or what?
Wow! I really enjoyed reading that. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Lake Charles, LA
2,073 posts, read 2,257,203 times
Reputation: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by misdeliver View Post
I cannot wait to leave LA. I'm a 30 year old single, professional female who made over 100K last year and I feel POOR. I'm going back to the South to invest in real estate where I can actually build wealth and plan an awesome future. I thought about staying, but every time I see these rent prices, it makes me so angry to think how these prices keep everyone so poor! I like money though... perhaps security and future-building is not a priority for most?

Angelinos pay 9.75% in sales tax BECAUSE of their immigration problems, though they'll feed you a load of their liberal hippie-we-are-all-one talk to make you believe otherwise. You think you'd be paying that much if you didn't have illegals flooding your schools and hospitals and taking other social benefits? No. This is the most poorly run city I've ever seen. Live in Paris, pay those taxes, and actually RECEIVE real social benefits and be taken care of, instead of struggling to get by.... People who accept the way this city is run are saps.

As a side note, the people here are absolutely crazy. What else besides ego draws people to a city to try and "be someone." Also, the dating scene is the WORST I've ever experienced. Men don't know how to be men at all and are completely emasculated by these uber liberal femdoms... or maybe its the fact that many cannot afford to date at all. Either way, most cannot afford to have families, so if you are into having kids, stay away from this city in terms of finding potential matches.

To anyone who is so in love with LA and wanting to move here, that was me 3 years ago. Good luck trying to be a something and a somebody until you wake up and realize that's not what life is about at all...
Were you doing real estate in LA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 03:28 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,953 times
Reputation: 10
I have lived in Texas for 10 years and did not like it a bit. I moved to Boston and lived there for 12 months and did not like it either. Finally, I took a trip to go and spy california particulary Ventura and Agoura Hills, i felt like i was home in Windhoek, Namibia and i am moving my family there in two weeks.
I hope that the south works for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 11:27 PM
 
Location: California
29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
Reputation: 24725
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Hmm. I think this whole "Californians are just more laid-back" is just an excuse to to be selfish, mediocre and dsyfunctional when dealing with members of the opposite sex.
Nah, it's just the reason they are more comfortable with the opposite sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 12:43 AM
 
Location: Bayshore Drive Newport Beach
77 posts, read 67,256 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by misdeliver View Post
I cannot wait to leave LA. I'm a 30 year old single, professional female who made over 100K last year and I feel POOR. I'm going back to the South to invest in real estate where I can actually build wealth and plan an awesome future. I thought about staying, but every time I see these rent prices, it makes me so angry to think how these prices keep everyone so poor! I like money though... perhaps security and future-building is not a priority for most?

Angelinos pay 9.75% in sales tax BECAUSE of their immigration problems, though they'll feed you a load of their liberal hippie-we-are-all-one talk to make you believe otherwise. You think you'd be paying that much if you didn't have illegals flooding your schools and hospitals and taking other social benefits? No. This is the most poorly run city I've ever seen. Live in Paris, pay those taxes, and actually RECEIVE real social benefits and be taken care of, instead of struggling to get by.... People who accept the way this city is run are saps.

As a side note, the people here are absolutely crazy. What else besides ego draws people to a city to try and "be someone." Also, the dating scene is the WORST I've ever experienced. Men don't know how to be men at all and are completely emasculated by these uber liberal femdoms... or maybe its the fact that many cannot afford to date at all. Either way, most cannot afford to have families, so if you are into having kids, stay away from this city in terms of finding potential matches.

To anyone who is so in love with LA and wanting to move here, that was me 3 years ago. Good luck trying to be a something and a somebody until you wake up and realize that's not what life is about at all...
First of all i am not going to impose my views on you like so many people have:

If you are seeking relationships stay away from LA. Depends on which part of LA or where you meet guys, most guys will use you for sex. Most people here are fake and wannabees.

You have an excellent income for property investments. In 2 years time you could have 4 or more properties and be a million air. The banks love people like you and it would be a great opportunity for you to contact your bank manager and ask them to show you how.

It's buyers market at the moment, turn your negative thoughts into all out war you will do very well. All you need is to make that first step.

I totally agree with you about illegal immigrants, LA has turned into a 3rd world country everywhere you go there are signs of IRAQ. Especially when you're inland, there are so many Arabic shops everywhere.

Don't forget these people make great tenants so turn that resentment into money making schemes.

When you are happy with your life everything will fall into places and believe or not that's when you will find Prince Charming.

Finally, life is all about which pond you fish in. The more fish in the pond the better off you will be. The more ponds there are to fish from the more happier you will be.

Last edited by NewportBeachGuy; 06-22-2010 at 01:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 12:58 AM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 7,826,258 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBeachGuy View Post
First of all i am not going to impose my views on you like so many people have:

If you are seeking relationships stay away from LA. Depends on which part of LA or where you meet guys, most guys will use you for sex. Most people here are fake and wannabees.

You have an excellent income for property investments. In 2 years time you could have 4 or more properties and be a million air. The banks love people like you and it would be a great opportunity for you to contact your bank manager and ask them to show you how.

It's buyers market at the moment, turn your negative thoughts into all out war you will do very well. All you need is to make that first step.

I totally agree with you about illegal immigrants, LA has turned into a 3rd world country everywhere you go there are signs of IRAQ. Especially when you're inland, there are so many Arabic shops everywhere.

Don't forget these people make great tenants so turn that resentment into money making schemes.
What? Are you sure you're not mistaking some movie you saw with Los Angeles? Your comments smell like a troll afoot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 01:03 AM
 
Location: Conejo Valley, CA
12,476 posts, read 16,969,159 times
Reputation: 4304
I don't know, I don't think I've ever seen a sign of Iraq in LA. I mean what would be the purpose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 AM
 
Location: Bayshore Drive Newport Beach
77 posts, read 67,256 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Your smell like a troll afoot!
A troll is someone who goes around quoting people out of context and trying to impose their views on others. Do i need to take photos and post them here ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top