U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 01:08 AM

12,476 posts, read 16,974,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBeachGuy View Post
A troll is someone who goes around quoting people out of context and trying to impose their views on others.
Dude....he quoted your whole comment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 01:10 AM

77 posts, read 67,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Dude....he quoted your whole comment!
Dude you're blind

Old 06-22-2010, 01:37 AM

7,413 posts, read 7,831,219 times
Quote:
A troll is someone who goes around quoting people out of context and trying to impose their views on others. Do i need to take photos and post them here ?
Well, my guess is that you are mistaking Thai or other Asian language signs for Iraqi. There is a sizable Iranian\ Persian population in the Beverly Hills\ West LA region [in fact the largest population of Iranians in America live here]. But I have never heard of or seen Iraqi signs anywhere in metro LA and certainly not in the eastern suburbs as you suggest.

I really am wondering if you even live in California based on your other statements.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:40 AM

77 posts, read 67,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Well, my guess is that you are mistaking Thai or other Asian language signs for Iraqi. There is a sizable Iranian\ Persian population in the Beverly Hills\ West LA region [in fact the largest population of Iranians in America live here]. But I have never heard of or seen Iraqi signs anywhere in metro LA and certainly not in the eastern suburbs as you suggest.

I really am wondering if you even live in California based on your other statements.
You are obviously a troll

Old 06-22-2010, 01:41 AM

787 posts, read 1,623,944 times
Quote:
Dude you're blind

Well, if you had read this thread you would have known that the OP LOST her JOB and has no income.

You said you wouldn't impose your views on her but immediately launch into your get rich in real estate 101 seminar.

And then you make the ridiculous claim that LA is somehow over populated with Arabic shops? What planet are you on?

Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 AM

7,413 posts, read 7,831,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
Well, if you had read this thread you would have known that the OP LOST her JOB and has no income.

You said you wouldn't impose your views on her but immediately launch into your get rich in real estate 101 seminar.

And then you make the ridiculous claim that LA is somehow over populated with Arabic shops? What planet are you on?
It's not a matter of what planet NewportBeachGuy is on but rather where on this planet he lives and it certainly isn't California.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:47 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,076,884 times
Quote:
Do i need to take photos and post them here ?

Yes.

Now get to postin' 'em.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:10 AM

16,584 posts, read 32,655,119 times
Quote:
Most people here are fake and wannabees.
Coming from someone with the screen name "NewportBeachGuy", it's quite apparent how your view of the populace would be so poisoned.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,463,601 times
Has she yet to adress the fact that she is poor on $100,00 a year??? She is avoiding what everyone wants to know. What the hell are you spending that $$$ on sister?

And no matter what anyone says so negatively about it, we plan on moving our family (I have 3 young sons) out to the area by this time next year. I figure, if it doesn't work out, I can' always move back to where I came from. You have to approach it with an open mind. I know I won't love everything about it and I know I won't hate everything about it. But I want the opportunity to experience it since I have wanted to live in California my whole life. I want to give my kids some opportunities that are not available on the east coast, and I know they will love the beaches and mountains, and of course all the theme parks I'm almost 41 and I think its time to make my dream a reality. My husband will be making nowhere near $100,000 but I know we will live a comfortable life. I will still shop at Target and my kids will eat PB & j like they do now. Extravagance is not the way I live now, and that is not going to change. Paying tax on everything will certainly suck since I don't pay tax on anything now in Delaware, but I know what to expect. We will rent for a couple of years until we can find a nice burb to settle down in. My house will be smaller, but my life will be the way I have always wanted it. I can't wait.

Maureen

Last edited by Flamingomo; 06-22-2010 at 10:57 AM..

Old 06-22-2010, 12:17 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,040,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
LA is the largest county in the nation with ~ 10 million residents. In an area this large you will find all kinds, including both types of ppl described here and hundreds, even thousands more. Freddy Freeloader, the 30-40+ y/o man child who stills asks mom/dad or his GF for help with rent, the 30+ professional women with a chip so large on her shoulder that it can be seen a mile away. Oh, and most men are scum anyway, So you are guilty until proven innocent. And a whole slew of variants in between.

But alas, amongst this sea of singles, there are some decent, kind hearted individuals. Ppl who actually care about others, not so self-absorbed, and want to make the world a better place. And they are looking for someone with similar values/goals, etc... The problem is finding that special someone in the mess they call LA. With all the facades, walls, emphasis on the external appearances, bling, etc... this can be a bigger challenge. Just finding someone who is genuine, who you can trust and isn't out for your money and a quick conquest can be difficult.

And although I am a native of LA, I can sympathize with the OP. This certainly isn't Kansas anymore or the South or like many other states in our nation. LA has its own strange culture for better or worse. So I agree with many of her points, even if a bit jaded or scewed. Although not all male and female relationships are that way there are some strange relational patterns which have evolved out of the 60s, women's lib, men questioning their roles, lack of male role models, lack of healthy relationship models growing up. Hey, I saw this first hand growing up in LA. The population of divorced single parents raising childen was very common. I mean look at hollywood relationships as the extreme example. Ppl trading spouses out and up like trading cards. Not all homes are like this of course. But there is a more than plentiful amount of disfunction going around to skew the minds our current generation of singles.

In all our enlightenment CA has lost sight in many cases of what a healthy relationship and marriage actually looks like. And this is probably the worst where the OP was living and working - tinsletown. Home of appearances over content, where shallow relationships are dime a dozen. People are focused more on becoming the next Big <fill in the blank> and who cares about the means including disposable friends and relationships. So yeah, LA has its problems and is far from perfect. But ppl still manage to find that special someone. I met my wife, for example, in Hermosa Beach and with three children we are now celebrating our 20th anniversay. And we have many friends who have met their life partner in LA as well. So its not all bad.

I wish you the best on your return home really. And sorry to hear about you father.

God Bless,

Derek
I'm not a teenager, let's say I'm over 30. A couple of months ago, I met a guy who appeared to be a normal decent dude. We talked for a couple of hours, but I wasn't really bowled over and not really looking to date right now.

Dude was sending me texts and calls that I wasn't returning cause I really didn't feel like being bothered. So after a week of me not returning his messages, he sends me an unsolicited pic of his penis. Actually, it was FOUR. I guess he wanted me to see it from every angle.

Needless to say, I deleted the pics and have never spoken to him again. I've heard of this happening to other women, but this is the first time it has ever happened to me. Unless I ask you to send me a pic or you send me one after we have already engaged in the act, please don't send it to me.

Like seriously. Don't.

Where did this act of desperation with men come from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or