Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 03:27 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,523,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post

The reason a woman with a $100,000 income can't find a man to date here is because some of these lazy fake bums who'd try to talk to you are so jealous and competitive with you they can't see straight.
The OP said it herself: the reason she can't find a man to date in LA is because of the illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 03:49 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
There is no need to turn this into a regional battle. The south has many charms. And yes, ignorance knows no boundary. But the OP (and now you) are engaging in the same broad generalizations you criticize.

I don't know the OP but if you can't find a date in a city with nearly 4 million people you might want to look in the mirror.
I think a poster turned it into a regional battle quite a few posts back, mocking Southern men and characterizing them as ignorant cavemen, because they the good hearted ones don't play mind games and prey on females. So go there, and scold.. You accuse the OP and me of generalizing, and here you are over-simplifying. Your choice, drink the orange flavored koolaid if you want. No skin off my nose. The only part of that 4 million that could do me any good dating wise would have to be male. Of the male segment, how many of them are average or below average looking guys who think they deserve the likes of Heidi Klum or Halle Berry for a girlfriend? And just because the female population numbers are in their favor, they think it is their privilege to think that way?

Old 06-05-2010, 03:58 PM

787 posts, read 1,942,528 times
Quote:
I think a poster turned it into a regional battle quite a few posts back, mocking Southern men and characterizing them as ignorant cavemen, because they the good hearted ones don't play mind games and prey on females. So go there, and scold.. You accuse the OP and me of generalizing, and here you are over-simplifying.

Yes, I saw that. I don't condone that....but you have got to be kidding. As you'll recall, it was the OP's ORIGINAL POST which bashed illegal immigrants, LA men, and LA in general. Little too late for that.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
The only part of that 4 million that could do me any good dating wise would have to be male. Of the male segment, how many of them are average or below average looking guys who think they deserve the likes of Heidi Klum or Halle Berry for a girlfriend?

And just because the female population numbers are in their favor, they think it is their privilege to think that way?

Your information above is not correct...the ratio of males to females in Los Angeles County favors females. See this link below. Granted it's not by much.

http://www.city-data.com/county/Los_...County-CA.html

I am not here to handicap the odds for you of meeting your prince charming (LOL!)...but last time I checked Heidi Klum is married to Seal....and I've met a lot of women who say he is not the most attractive guy around. I guess Heidi Klum saw something she liked in the guy.

You seem to place a lot of importance on looks as the OP does on money. Most people would be thrilled to make $100k...anywhere.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I agree. I've known a few people who've relcoated here as singles and had a terrible time. They all moved back to where they came from within a couple of years. I think that those of us who've lived here a long time or have family here overlook how hard it would be to suddenly move to greater L.A. A company I used to work for which was based in the midwest would occasionally send staff here and many of them were overwhelmed with the freeways, pace of life, less than friendly people, etc. And I will never forget one of them making a presentation. He said, "In Cleveland, you ask your neighbor for a cup of sugar when you've run out. In L.A., your neighbor tells you, 'Ralphs is down the street.' " Ouch.
Dont' let the bright colors and the sunshine fool you. L.A.'s a cold town.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
Yes, I saw that. I don't condone that....but you have got to be kidding. As you'll recall, it was the OP's ORIGINAL POST which bashed illegal immigrants, LA men, and LA in general. Little too late for that.
The illegal issue is a very emotional one, and has caused quite a bit division. That's all I will say on that because it's off topic. Yes it's sad when about fourth of the bad apples spoil the whole barrel, but L.A. men have a far reaching reputation acrosss the country for being cold and predatory.

You don't seem to have a problem with L.A. County's outrageous sales tax or 4 dollar a gallon gas. You may be 1) so flush with cash that you can live in the OC and L.A.'s huge problems just seem like so much amusing quant local color to you. or 2) You yourself may be profiting from this bloated and overfunded social services system here that you have the correct race to access, because of all the corrupton, nepotism and cronyism.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:54 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,287,707 times
Quote:
The illegal issue is a very emotional one, and has caused quite a bit division. That's all I will say on that because it's off topic. Yes it's sad when about fourth of the bad apples spoil the whole barrel, but L.A. men have a far reaching reputation acrosss the country for being cold and predatory.

You don't seem to have a problem with L.A. County's outrageous sales tax or 4 dollar a gallon gas. You may be 1) so flush with cash that you can live in the OC and L.A.'s huge problems just seem like so much amusing quant local color to you. or 2) You yourself may be profiting from this bloated and overfunded social services system here that you have the correct race to access, because of all the corrupton, nepotism and cronyism.
Where in the world are you buying your gas for $4/gallon??

http://www.losangelesgasprices.com/

Old 06-05-2010, 06:26 PM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
It's not like LA owes her a husband......
That would be even funnier if she was especially living around West Hollywood!

I find her expectations from a guy a bit unrealistic in this day and age. Believe me, I am old school too and would not mind paying and would even try to pay for my date's dinner and then some but honey, when you are making twice as much as the national average in income, it is a bit unfair for you to expect the guy to pay to prove you that he is a nice guy or has a spine. As others said as well, if you felt broke after making that much money, you obviously do not manage $$ well, don't blame the people or the state.

I noticed you lost your job, I am sorry to hear that as I had too and can relate the additional stress this could bring upon a person but when you are out of a job, I would be more worried about finding a job than finding a manly man. Unless you were hoping this manly man with a great income would be your ticket out. If so, good luck to you.

You whined about people not wanting to settle and you think that is a sign of their immaturity or something. I am still renting and even if my income allowed, I still would not want to rush into buying a house because I take it seriously and would not want to be stuck in a house/place where I am not 100% certain about living in. I am in my late 30s and still feel like there is plenty of places out there that I haven't seen and need to explore before "settling down". Besides, why would you wanna buy a house in a city where you are having such hard time getting into a decent, long term relationship? Doesn't make sense!

I am single and dying to find someone decent to get into a long term relationship with but first things first, a job then the girl. Which girl in her right mind date my unemployed behind anyhow?
I would also LOVE to have a dog but you will not see me getting a dog when I am living tightly in a 600 sqrft apartment. We'd both get more depressed and end up biting each other probably.

I suggest, get your priorities in order first, whatever they may be and go after them but you cannot let little things like lack of dating scene, jobs, etc get you down, keep a positive attitude as it will open locked doors while feisty angry approach will scare away even those willing to help.
If you really want to leave, then leave but make sure you are leaving for the right reasons and don't blame your unfortunate events on people or the area you live in, you always have at least just as much to blame for.

And don't value money so much, don't be like the majority of the society that dwells over it. Money comes and goes, good people and friends are more important. Surround yourself with those who can help you and as Impala666 said, do not worry about things you do not have, that way you have a shot at being happy if not content.

Perhaps a relocation is what the doctor ordered, move back to GA, may be in a few years you might come back and this time, things might work out differently. Remember, we will all die some day so don't take life too seriously! =)
[/endofpreach]
Either way, good luck to you in your next destination!

Old 06-05-2010, 06:45 PM

293 posts, read 893,426 times
Talking I probably dated her

I think she has my 100K!

Old 06-05-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:

You really like to jump to conclusions....LOL!

All due respect...but you are NUTS!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles