U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 08:52 PM

615 posts, read 378,011 times

Advertisements

I always wondered how guys with trucks like that even date? No girl will want to climb to get in their truck especially not if they are wearing a dress or heels..lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 03:08 PM

17,449 posts, read 22,948,866 times
Just because someone does not like a given activity does not mean that it should be illegal. Unfortunately, this is not something that the City of Los Angeles, nor most other cities in coastal CA, nor for that matter state government recognize. The public sector unions won't allow them to.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:55 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,077,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
I always wondered how guys with trucks like that even date? No girl will want to climb to get in their truck especially not if they are wearing a dress or heels..lol
Oh boy do YOU ever have a lot to learn. I don't care how "modern", "educated" and "sophisticated" a woman thinks she is, but deep down, she's still a woman and any type of show of masculinity up to and including a beast of a truck is still an assured way to get their attention.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:11 PM

615 posts, read 378,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Oh boy do YOU ever have a lot to learn. I don't care how "modern", "educated" and "sophisticated" a woman thinks she is, but deep down, she's still a woman and any type of show of masculinity up to and including a beast of a truck is still an assured way to get their attention.

Hate to burst your bubble but not every woman is impressed by those idiotic trucks/cars. I like classy, luxurious cars. I think its hilarious that guys think they are cool because they have a loud engine and some cheap ass rims on their sh*tty ride. They look like idiots and are doing nothing but disturbing the peace with their loud polluted trucks/cars. It's pathetic that they think it makes them more "manly". When in reality everyone knows it's because they are lacking where it really counts. mmm hmm

Old 12-19-2016, 12:16 AM

3,438 posts, read 2,243,179 times
I drove a lifted van with fog lights in high school . I used turn them on and blind people when they would cut me off. LoL I bought it Palm Springs for like 2500 bucks. Miss that thing.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:56 AM

3,780 posts, read 2,393,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
no one is saying you can't raise your car to make sure your bumper lines up with the raised truck's bumper.
Yeah, no. I shouldn't have to modify my vehicle just because someone modified his.

Old 12-21-2016, 01:03 PM

15,370 posts, read 25,567,363 times
Wow, Have not seen this thread in a few years. Let me tell you a few things.

Some have mentioned that women don't like lifted trucks. Funny, as I have a friend that will beg to differ. Nicole Johnson is a friend and she drives the Snoopy Monster truck. Realize that Snoopy had four different women that drive that beast from time to time. She is also one of the most amazing rock crawlers in the world.

I can name a few women around here that love and own lifted trucks. We also have a little Filipino woman that has a lifted Hummer H2. She is maybe 95 lbs and drives this awesome Hummer around.

My list isn't even including the many women that are married or dating guys with lifted trucks.

Now lets talk about lowered trucks and yes I am a fan of those. They are a different kind of beast all together. Some within this thread have said they serve no purpose. I always wonder why does a lowered truck have to serve any kind of purpose other than a cool ride. I am not into modifying the frame and installing a lowering kit that takes away the bed storage area. That is extreme for me as I still want to have use of the bed. Still, I am not going to knock someones choice in what they want to do with the truck. My thought is with air bags you can really get a lot of drop and also increase the ride height when needed. With a low truck I prefer a short box in the back anyway, so its not like your going to drop a bunch of building material in the back of the truck. In fact with a lowered truck it is not about work and all about fun. The truck has to look like it is ready to party.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:55 PM

105 posts, read 57,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
Hate to burst your bubble but not every woman is impressed by those idiotic trucks/cars. I like classy, luxurious cars. I think its hilarious that guys think they are cool because they have a loud engine and some cheap ass rims on their sh*tty ride. They look like idiots and are doing nothing but disturbing the peace with their loud polluted trucks/cars. It's pathetic that they think it makes them more "manly". When in reality everyone knows it's because they are lacking where it really counts. mmm hmm
Totally true.

Those lifted trucks are pointless and I can't stand them. I donít care how manly or attractive a guy is, if he drives a huge lifted truck with monster tires Iím seriously not interested. When I see some dude in one of those behemoths I donít think of him as manly, I think he must be compensating for his lack of manhood.

I met this guy on line recently and went on a 1st date with him, and it was the 1st and last date because he had horrible manners and didnít even shower before showing up. When we left I saw him climb in a Ford F350 lifted pickup truck. I thought uh-huh, typical jerk.

I donít know why some guys think they look cool in those jacked-up monsters, I think they look like d0uchebags. But if they want to waste their money on those things instead of driving something normal-sized thatís their problem I guess.

Anyway I guess I hate the trucks more than I hate the people that drive them and the list of reasons is big. For starters they usually take up more than a single parking space, and itís a major pain when a huge truck is parked over the line blocking access to my car door. Trying to see around them and back out safely is even more of a challenge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles