U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-14-2010, 08:49 PM

4,236 posts, read 5,740,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
Btw in case anybody was wondring, in the post you quoted I meant to say "wide" margin not "white" margin.

You have disputed most of what I've said, actually. It takes two. Even with the most annoying posters.

Still, the statistics tell me what I need to know about where I live and the people that live around me. What makes you think you will change my mind? I am not generalizing anything about where you live, or anyplace other than Baton Rouge...and I have already emphasized the fact that the safe neighborhoods are heavily white...I believe you used the term "polarized" to describe the impression you got based on my statements. So if you can believe that it is that polarized, why can't you believe the other things I have said about crime and where you are likely more safe and where you are likely less safe?

As far as your white version of hell...you just don't know what you're missing in Baton Rouge's black "version of hell". I don't really care if you change your mind or not, I still just want you to experience it.

I have already stated that all whites are not good, all blacks are not bad. We have established that. What you keep failing to see is that I do not feel safer around lower class whites than I do around lower class blacks, but the fact is that the amount of lower class whites in my city does not come close to the number of lower class blacks. There is demographic data of that on the web for everyone to see. Lower class whites form a tiny minority in these heavily black neighborhoods. Just like middle class blacks form a very tiny minority in my neighborhood.

Was the bold print clear enough? So let's have no more discussion about that particular subject.
Obviously we are talking past each other and not to each other, because I wasn't initially talking to you in particular. I said that I don't like when people say ______________ and you replied "pardon me for thinking ______________". When you don't specify you're automatically including all, regardless of what the statistics say. That's been my point the entire time.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 08:25 AM

417 posts, read 1,068,283 times
Wow......this is what I like to see out of my Louisiana Forum....(clap, clap....good stuff)

I'd like to just speak right off the top of my head......as I infamously do anyway.

First of all I'd like to say I'm "wowzered" at the things Im seeing and gathered from reading these post about Baton Rouge. I have had plenty to say about Baton Rouge, but I would never have thought that the people down there felt this way. The whole sweet welcoming thing and easy going nature about Southern Louisiana has really been in question for me when it came to these racial maps & recent post.

What happen to all the "lenient nature" of Southern Louisiana, that's promoted heavily on here? People come to this forum each day looking to research that "easygoing culture" to see if it is indeed an area that is light on many issues that most of the nation scratches their head on. If those people happen to see these post, Southern Louisiana as well as all of Louisiana is in trouble when it comes to having a unique nature.....especially when it comes to race and ethics

Do we really want to display that, or this is really who we are down here in Louisiana?

Are we just like any other place who didnt dare to be different and joined the majority of cowards this nation has?

Cowards...Thats what I see in the modern day people especially the baby boomers. I feel like that generation just let things happen and accepted what ever. The generation before them believe in what they stoodd for and went after it strong...whether it was good or bad. Even the newer generations of today, has a knack for having there own identity, thats why you see more interacial couples, gays, and mix environments in recent generations.

But the baby boomers are cowards. When will they and any other groups of people stand up and believe in what they believe in instinctly, instead of statistically and factually?

I mean seriously, why would anybody build an establishment such as a home or neighborhood, and then abandon it on something foolish such as race?????????????

"If I worked hard all my life to build anything, and something threatened to destroy it.....Id be a dam coward to let anything stop me from what I worked hard for.

But, then I hear people giving it all up for a new resident in the neighborhood who just happen to be black, the same color as those thugs from the other side of town, who statistically will reak havoc on our neighborhood and tear it apart.
. He looks like a decent person with his wife and kids, nice Lexus outside but....I know he got an inprisoned brother, or a ghetto cousin that might like my possessions and rob me. Maybe he may see that Im scared of him and take advantage of me, I should get up and relocate and take all my of kind with me" - A weak coward

Sound silly? Yes, but guess what my people...its reality. And until you, me, we change it individually, then guess what........statistically & factually....percentually.....we all will look like cowards as a group of people, a state of people, and a nation of people. I dont want that and you dont want that so in the name of my common Louisiana people......stop the Foolishness - LL

Last edited by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND; 10-15-2010 at 08:35 AM..

Old 10-17-2010, 11:53 PM

1,734 posts, read 3,513,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Obviously we are talking past each other and not to each other, because I wasn't initially talking to you in particular. I said that I don't like when people say ______________ and you replied "pardon me for thinking ______________". When you don't specify you're automatically including all, regardless of what the statistics say. That's been my point the entire time.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:20 AM

26,647 posts, read 21,816,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
Wow......this is what I like to see out of my Louisiana Forum....(clap, clap....good stuff)

I'd like to just speak right off the top of my head......as I infamously do anyway.

First of all I'd like to say I'm "wowzered" at the things Im seeing and gathered from reading these post about Baton Rouge. I have had plenty to say about Baton Rouge, but I would never have thought that the people down there felt this way. The whole sweet welcoming thing and easy going nature about Southern Louisiana has really been in question for me when it came to these racial maps & recent post.

What happen to all the "lenient nature" of Southern Louisiana, that's promoted heavily on here? People come to this forum each day looking to research that "easygoing culture" to see if it is indeed an area that is light on many issues that most of the nation scratches their head on. If those people happen to see these post, Southern Louisiana as well as all of Louisiana is in trouble when it comes to having a unique nature.....especially when it comes to race and ethics

Do we really want to display that, or this is really who we are down here in Louisiana?

Are we just like any other place who didnt dare to be different and joined the majority of cowards this nation has?

Cowards...Thats what I see in the modern day people especially the baby boomers. I feel like that generation just let things happen and accepted what ever. The generation before them believe in what they stoodd for and went after it strong...whether it was good or bad. Even the newer generations of today, has a knack for having there own identity, thats why you see more interacial couples, gays, and mix environments in recent generations.

But the baby boomers are cowards. When will they and any other groups of people stand up and believe in what they believe in instinctly, instead of statistically and factually?

I mean seriously, why would anybody build an establishment such as a home or neighborhood, and then abandon it on something foolish such as race?????????????

"If I worked hard all my life to build anything, and something threatened to destroy it.....Id be a dam coward to let anything stop me from what I worked hard for.

But, then I hear people giving it all up for a new resident in the neighborhood who just happen to be black, the same color as those thugs from the other side of town, who statistically will reak havoc on our neighborhood and tear it apart.
. He looks like a decent person with his wife and kids, nice Lexus outside but....I know he got an inprisoned brother, or a ghetto cousin that might like my possessions and rob me. Maybe he may see that Im scared of him and take advantage of me, I should get up and relocate and take all my of kind with me" - A weak coward

Sound silly? Yes, but guess what my people...its reality. And until you, me, we change it individually, then guess what........statistically & factually....percentually.....we all will look like cowards as a group of people, a state of people, and a nation of people. I dont want that and you dont want that so in the name of my common Louisiana people......stop the Foolishness - LL
I think alot of things are "promoted". And Louisiana isn't the only place that does this. At one time, Atlanta,GA was promoting itself as "the city too busy to hate", but that city has some horror stories too.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:16 AM

I'm so excited that none of Louisiana's Legend's posts show up on my screen any more. The ignore user option is a beautiful thing...all I see is "This message is hidden".

I know nobody cares but I am just too giddy not to share.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:41 PM

26,647 posts, read 21,816,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
I'm so excited that none of Louisiana's Legend's posts show up on my screen any more. The ignore user option is a beautiful thing...all I see is "This message is hidden".

I know nobody cares but I am just too giddy not to share.
I disagree. I think there was alot of insight to Louisiana's Legend's post. Some hard questions needed to be asked.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:17 PM

11 posts, read 16,606 times
The Legend Rules!

Old 11-05-2010, 10:02 AM

417 posts, read 1,068,283 times
hahaha.....I seriously doubt that Im that bad, in the almost 3 yrs I've been on here, we've seen worst and they have been ran off....that is one of course....the Legend known as me. Come on I just didnt want to come on here and be the same repetitive answer over and over, just want to add common knowledge, a little passion, entertainment and just plain ol' gut thought. So come on, stop kidding, and remove that ol "hidden user" thing and enter the Legend.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:49 AM

Another hidden message! YAE!

Old 11-08-2010, 01:13 PM

1,839 posts, read 1,789,098 times
Your loss. :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana