Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 7,571 times

Advertisements

i moving to kenner,louisian because of my husband job but i havent been able to do no major reserches so im asking if kenner is a good place to raise family??????is the elemntary,middle schools good, is the crime level good,is the area kid friendly???please let me know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 06:01 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,679 times
Honestly I don't care for Kenner very much. It is mostly safe, but also some low rent sections. Someone more familiar with it than me will have to give you more info on exact boundaries/divisions.

But I can say this...Kenner is the epitome of 1960's suburb. The houses are modest, and because of the lack of usable land on the southshore of Lake Ponchartrain, they are built on top of one another. A look at google satellite imagery will show you exactly what I mean. It being such a suburban area, there is no shortage of shopping, etc. in the Kenner area.

Overall, Jefferson Parish schools aren't lighting the world on fire. IMO they are much better than Orleans Parish schools, though.

Consider looking for a place to live in St. Charles Parish. The schools are tons better, and I imagine housing would be cheaper. And it would still put you at a fairly short drive to work in Kenner.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:05 AM

314 posts, read 759,601 times
I was only in Kenner for maybe an hour while picking up a friend from a hotel there but was impressed with some of their development(downtown) and thought I was still in the NO..I have no idea if it's a good place to race a family though the city felt safe to me.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:59 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,033,621 times
Kenner always was a mostly blue-collar area, with the exception of the nicer areas on the lake. From what I understand, it's gotten a lot slummier since Katrina, and I know for a fact that the high school for the area (Bonnabel) is a rough place to be! At least in 2011 it is. So Kenner would be fine if you lived on the lake but private schools may be needed and it's a decent drive if you're commuting to the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana