Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:29 PM

4 posts, read 14,389 times

Advertisements

Heard today they are moving us to Baton Rouge. We are probably going to look in the Ascenscion (spelling) parish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 09:59 PM

76 posts, read 506,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teakwondoninja23 View Post
Livingston Parish is 1st in schooling in the state. Not to mention that Livingston Parish is the fastest growing parish & Denham Springs is the fastest growing city in the state of Louisiana. Yes, the traffic is harsh, but the state has assigned $30 million to fund a 4-lane project, west & east bound. The Juban Interchange is in full operation, and the Juban Interchange has brought many opportunities to Denham Springs. We are getting the 2nd largest Bass Pro building in the United States (62,000 square feet, which will include Louisiana's largest aquarium and the 12,000 square foot Islamorada Seafood Restaurant, Juban Crossing Mall, which will be the largest mall in the State of Louisiana, no joke!! The interchange has also brought three new condominium developments & five new large scale home developments, costing a total of $310 million. The Mall will also have 1,320 pre-build home sites, and 16,000 square feet of business space, not to mention the 65,200 square feet of shopping, restaurants, and hotel depots!! If you are looking for a new home in the newly populated Greater Baton Rouge Area, I would suggest looking into land or housing in Denham Springs Louisiana, 70726.
Livingston has good public schools, but they aren't first in the state. In the latest district rankings, Livingston was 5th.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:56 PM

155 posts, read 764,415 times
Teak, Ascension has Cabella's which will be much bigger than Bass Pro. We have relatives who live in Denham and I hate the drive over to visit and the "feel" of the city. There's something "different" about it. Personally, I wouldn't want the hassle of a commute from either Livingston or Ascension parish. Angie has a child with special educational needs. I think that will probably determine more than anything what's the best fit for her family.

Old 10-05-2007, 04:06 AM

32 posts, read 142,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreaming View Post
I live close to Mandeville, The school district is very good from what I have heard from friends. New Orleans and Baton Rouge, I would not suggest. Unless you're looking at private schooling.

there are some suburbs of new orleans that have very good school systems (such as plaqumines parish). But if you are planning to live in new orleans then private schools are a must! Just like any large city you have to search around for the good areas, with the good schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana