Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with this plan for Louisiana?
Absolutley! 3 17.65%
I like it. 0 0%
A bit extreme. 2 11.76%
I do not agree with any of this! 12 70.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 05:06 PM

114 posts, read 302,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
That "Lwizyan" is derived from the créole spelling of Louisiana... which is what led me to believe this is some créole person who just has way too much time on their hands. Cajuns would never, ever, ever, go for that.
The campaign isnt just a formulation of one person, not only are there 3 representatives to this forum but to other online campaigning sites as well as 30+ others that do not even contribute to online campaigning, 20+ of those are CPB members the rest are followers and contributors to this campaign.

We have include not only Creole attributes to this governmental standing but Cajun qualities as well, the entire region of South Louisiana is a mixed participant of Cajun and Creole cultural traits, the same is being done in the government we are forming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Looks like it was made in MS Paint.
It was designed by one of our campaign followers who just so happens to be an artist. First drawn, then digitally transferred in a digital image creater, whether it was MS paint or not i have no idea.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
You have absolutely no clue on how to design a flag. That looks like the North Korean flag on acid.
I personally did not create the flag, its purposeful though and i agree with it, im pretty sure an artist knows what hes doing when designing, added, I've seen worst.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
There isn't anything wrong with the Pelican flag... in fact, it's one of my favorites in the states.

Pennsylvania's is my favorite, though.
True, we are proud of the pelican just as well as any other Louisianian, but truthfully it has no true connection to the state but the fact that Brown pelicans fly along parts of the south shore of Louisiana on the gulf.

The new design has purpose and historic reasoning just as many other flag committed to a nation.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Let's also not forget the people who live in Louisiana but are not from it. There are tens of thousands easily. New Yorkers, Illinoisans, Michiganders, Floridians, Mississippians, Texans, and even international immigrants. Vietnamese, Scottish, English, Mexican, ETC.

Even if the native people of Louisiana were for this there are enough outsiders present to quell it.

And let's think, Louisiana has around 4,000,000 residents. The US military is larger than that.
Those people moved to Louisiana for a reason, No?, if they moved here they were interested for some reason whether job related or they love the culture and food, if they were born here they know the culture and most likely have adopted it in some way, whether they take pride in their Louisiana culture is up to them, if they want to stay in Louisiana post the ORL's formation great, if they feel its best to move back to New York, Illinois, Michigan, or any other state they feel is there true home. No ones stopping a Saudi immigrant from practicing his religion or cooking up his favorite ethnic dish. Everyone that believes in this campaigning idea will join, those who dont have their right, we are not trying to shove this idea down the throats of our people.

Also post the formation of the ORL ( the nation that will follow this campaign ) the population will most likely drop to 3-2,000,000 from not only border changes but also the formation itself, no one will be held if they desire to leave but truly not many will if the campaign turns out successful logically.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:28 AM

299 posts, read 641,487 times
What will be the new borders of This new founded "lwizyan" nation? I guarantee it won't be the current state borders. North Louisiana won't go for this creole run oligarchy foolishness.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:33 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,944,421 times
After much deliberation, I have decided to form an opposition movement. In the coming weeks, I will be taking over the Orleans Parish assessor's office and declaring it a libertarian paradise for me and nobody else. I have amassed a plethora (yes, that's right) of water pistols shaped like WWII M1 Garands. TRY AND STOP ME.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:17 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Man View Post
What will be the new borders of This new founded "lwizyan" nation? I guarantee it won't be the current state borders. North Louisiana won't go for this creole run oligarchy foolishness.
It's in the links on the first page. Might even be in this thread. It goes all the way up to Natchitoches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
After much deliberation, I have decided to form an opposition movement. In the coming weeks, I will be taking over the Orleans Parish assessor's office and declaring it a libertarian paradise for me and nobody else. I have amassed a plethora (yes, that's right) of water pistols shaped like WWII M1 Garands. TRY AND STOP ME.
Don't leave me out man!

Old 11-29-2011, 01:32 PM

299 posts, read 641,487 times
Those links show up blank for me.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Man View Post
Those links show up blank for me.
You are right, due to the almost complete distance in culture, tradition and religion above all things, North Louisiana is not included. The border basically stops at the historic ends of Louisiana, which the northernmost point is Natchitoches.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281556_258784324148592_234489806578044_1124192_366 8661_n.jpg (broken link)

This is just a rough copy, there are only a few digital images formed most of which are very un-done, most of the maps are drawn out by our artist.

Thank you for asking. But remember the masses never adopt genius at first, never in history has an idea been fully excepted by the public until an understanding has been adjusted.

Some of the most famous, e.g. Electricity i.e. the lightblub, Indoor plumbing, Aerospace Technology along with Space travel, Airplanes etc. The list goes on the CPB knows this, we also know that this campaign is not a 1 year nor a 10 year go, we have lasted 8 years not and are looking forward to our decade celebration in just 2 years. Our campaiging will continue past those who do not agree with us to success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana