Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 09:56 PM
Itz Itz started this thread

714 posts, read 2,195,408 times

Advertisements

Next year my mom and I will be taking our mother daughter trip to New Orleans. What hotels/areas do you recommend for staying a week and what are some really neat things to do.

I love history, but can't stand to spend to much time in museums. Historic areas are my must see. My mom enjoys Jazz so would like to include some activities around that as well. We aren't night people and tend to go to bed early and get up early.

We aren't the "resort" type either and tend to stay away from "chain" hotels for vacationing.

We are both from Wyoming (i live in CO now) and would like to go during a not so humid time of year as well. What time of year is best?

Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 06:55 AM

1,097 posts, read 2,332,617 times
Please move this to the New Orleans forum.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:37 AM

726 posts, read 1,358,469 times
Preservation Hall for Mom for sure.... plus there's plenty of history for you to enjoy there too.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:18 PM

7 posts, read 15,387 times
By all means stay at the Hotel Monteleone, on Royal Street. It is New Orleans. Beautiful 4 star hotel, excellent service, fantastic food. The Carousel Bar off the lobby is really something to see, even if you don't stay there.

For the less humid experience, April, May or October and occasionally November are the best. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
View detailed profiles of: