U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:57 AM

96 posts, read 167,651 times
I love this debate...silly and a bit dumb, but informative!
I am moving this week to Shreveport (YAY!) and am so excited and anxious and thrilled and...well, you get the idea, lol.

I have lived in 13 countries and 28 states...Louisiana will make it 29!
I have found that most areas somehow have a personality of their own that transfers to the people that live there...
Montana was the raw-boned cowboy...didn't say much, but the silence spoke volumes and what needed done, got done.
Virginia was the catty lady down the street...gracious to your face, but you just knew she'd talk behind your back after serving you a lovely dinner.
North Carolina...the pretty girl at school, blessed with looks, intelligence, wealthy parents and little common sense, but still, the best of your friends.
Germany was the jovial host and a table groaning under wonderful food and drink, but with sad secrets in the hosts eyes.
Spain was a troupe of dancers in jewel toned garb, gracefully leaping about the room with grace, but with no beginning or end.
Alabama was the smiling stranger that welcomed all as friends and made sure everyone had a cold glass of lemonade to cut the heat.
Missouri was the ramshackle family from the wrong side of the tracks, desperate in addiction, poverty and violence, but one or two manage to make it out despite it all.

Yes, I wax poetic...but that's just me.
Anyone want to wax poetic about Northern Louisiana or Shreveport or Baton Rouge...what are they like?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 11:47 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,247,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynyvyr View Post
Anyone want to wax poetic about Northern Louisiana or Shreveport or Baton Rouge...what are they like?
Baton Rouge is the rough gritty government town that has charm underneath the ugly facade you see as you come in on I-10 in the traffic choked afternoon

Old 01-08-2008, 07:52 AM

430 posts, read 426,278 times
Congratulations To Baton Rouge's Lsu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not To Forget All The Northern Louisiana Recruited Players That Make The Team From West Monroe, Bastrop(highly Ranked Nationwide), Evangel, And Rayville!!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2008, 03:47 PM

14 posts, read 82,462 times
only reason Baton Rouges population is higher now is because it got alot of katrina evacuees! i love shreveport it actually nice and now rundown like BR hence the name Big Raggedy so im reppin 318 till i die

Old 02-02-2008, 09:07 PM

772 posts, read 4,264,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilj2008 View Post
only reason Baton Rouges population is higher now is because it got alot of katrina evacuees! i love shreveport it actually nice and now rundown like BR hence the name Big Raggedy so im reppin 318 till i die
Come on dude, that ain't right.

I love Shreveport-Bossier as well, but no need to just totally rag on BR like that. It's not a bad place at all...

Last edited by SBCmetroguy; 02-02-2008 at 10:25 PM..

Old 02-03-2008, 09:01 AM

794 posts, read 3,224,793 times
It's not an issue to me. I like Baton Rouge, but I would never say I'm reppin 225. I don't really rep anything. I know there are places better than Baton Rouge. And there are places worse.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:07 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,247,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilj2008 View Post
It was growing before Katrina. Katrina merely accelerated it.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:02 PM

yeah now that LSU won, population gonna rise a bit. But the Command center is coming, also construction has started on the new pro motor speedway in monroe. Maybe Danaca Patrick can come.....Wow all those thousands of diehards racing fans in southern louisiana and southern Arkansas! Maybe they need a job at the new command center, or be out the path of hurricanes and flooding. How about nationally ranks high schools like Bastrop ormaybe they want there kids at schools that win championships on occasion like West Monroe and Evangel. North Louisiana.....3...1....8!!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 PM

80 posts, read 116,517 times
I will say this though....

Shreveport's skyline > Baton Rouge's skyline.

And about that statement that Bossier City:Shreveport::Baton Rouge:New Orleans...

ummm.... wtffff, bruh? I see someone did well on their SAT's.

I may find Shreveport a little more interesting than Baton Rouge (only because I know Baton Rouge in and out now; it kind of bores me now), but Baton Rouge is definitely its own city, not no F'n growing suburb of New Orleans. Come on, man.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:35 AM

Ha, ha, ha, lol. . .Baton Rouge is a suburb of New Orleans, that was funny!!!! Good one! U said it I didn't,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana