Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 08:01 PM

4,484 posts, read 4,543,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGarrison View Post
I love how conservatives love the state and libs like to point their fingers on how Louisiana is at the bottom of certain rankings. If all of the libs would leave the state and we would see a sharp rise in every ranking across the board, and would be #1 in many rankings.
Exactly which "libs" are you talking about? Care to elaborate on that a little bit? Most liberals I run across tend to be well educated, have a high income career, are self-supporting, and crime free, except for smoking a little weed every now and then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 08:04 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,334,858 times
I've run across liberals that live under the overpass . One shoe doesn't fit all .

Old 04-27-2015, 09:22 PM

4,484 posts, read 4,543,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
I've run across liberals that live under the overpass . One shoe doesn't fit all .
Most of the ones under the overpass generally are not political type people and dont follow politics. I'll lay ya 5 that most don't even vote.

Last time I was in New Orleans I was at a stop light near an overerpass by the interstate and an enthusiastic self-employed entreprenuer came out of no where and started washing the windows on my car and I didn''t even have to ask. I was real impressed and I gave him a 5$ bill in addition to my thanks.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:45 AM

144 posts, read 203,659 times
Educated... Hahahaha. You must also believe that the rioters in Baltimore are tea-party members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Exactly which "libs" are you talking about? Care to elaborate on that a little bit? Most liberals I run across tend to be well educated, have a high income career, are self-supporting, and crime free, except for smoking a little weed every now and then.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:50 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,334,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Most of the ones under the overpass generally are not political type people and dont follow politics. I'll lay ya 5 that most don't even vote.

Last time I was in New Orleans I was at a stop light near an overerpass by the interstate and an enthusiastic self-employed entreprenuer came out of no where and started washing the windows on my car and I didn''t even have to ask. I was real impressed and I gave him a 5$ bill in addition to my thanks.
Next time this " entrepreneur " comes out to wash your windows , tell him to go away and watch what happens . Oh yeah , they vote . Some more than once . The Church buses come and pick them up to go to the polls . Been there , seen it .

Old 04-29-2015, 12:16 PM

2,327 posts, read 2,900,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
Oh come on, this lawless state? Like it matters.
I see now, all the fun stuff like prostitution, marijuana, and drinking under age 21 are illegal in Louisiana so amongst other reasons that's why your crime rates are so high, people won't let the government prevent them from having fun even if that gets them busted.

I wonder what all law abiding citizens do on business trips or in the weekends with all the fun stuff being illegal. Maybe y'all should come to Amsterdam one day, all of that is perfectly legal over here.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:12 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,328,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Maybe y'all should come to Amsterdam one day, all of that is perfectly legal over here.
As it should be IMO. I've spent some time there. I think that New Orleans should be the 'Amsterdam' of the US: A safe, dense, walkable and bikeable city with relaxed drug, alcohol and prostitution policies along with serious flood defenses.

However, this is a very different country with very different views and I doubt it will ever happen.

Last edited by rburnett; 04-29-2015 at 02:22 PM..

Old 04-29-2015, 02:56 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,076,988 times
Quote:
I love how conservatives love the state and libs like to point their fingers on how Louisiana is at the bottom of certain rankings. If all of the libs would leave the state and we would see a sharp rise in every ranking across the board, and would be #1 in many rankings.
Thank you.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:17 AM

2,276 posts, read 2,630,180 times
Quote:
Louisiana is ranked as the happiest state in America
Louisiana ranks as happiest state | NOLA.com

Louisiana has the best food in the nation
Best Food Town | Lafayette Convention & Visitors Commission
Best US Cities For Food - Best Food Cities In America

Louisiana is a Sportsman Paradise- no link needed to provide the obvious.
Louisiana is the home to LSU- the greatest university in the history of the universe.
Louisiana is one of the most religious states around and the cost for a Christian education is far cheaper than most places.. Those facts alone makes us greatness in and of itself.
Louisiana has more festivals and entertainment than anywhere else and second place isn't even close.
Louisiana has some of the friendliest people in America.
Louisiana is in the Deep South- the best part of America by a mile.
Louisiana's cost of living is very affordable.

When you take into account everything we have here, I personally see no reason to ever leave this state unless you want to head to the beaches of Mississippi or Alabama. But that's just me. If you don't like the bayou, then hit the road jack, and don't ya come back no more, no more, no more.
Man; I don't know what you're smoking, but I'd like to have some.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:35 PM

7,725 posts, read 6,373,935 times
Deep south is the best region in the country? Gimme a break! If any region's the best, it ain't the deep south lol. Try more like Upper Midwest.

I'd love to visit Louisiana, and eat some great Cajun food, and I'll be driving there pretty soon on my way to Florida, but it's not a place I'd live in, no way. I hated living in Florida, and don't look forward to moving back in, so I don't think Louisiana will be much better at all -.-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana