Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 05:38 PM

233 posts, read 835,502 times

Advertisements

Hi-
I'm considering driving from Dallas to Lake Charles for L'Auberge du Lac.
Is it worth it??

Also thinking of eating lunch at Cotton's Famous Hamburgers & dinner at Pat's.
(Both of which I've heard about.) Any other dining suggestions??

In LA, I've only been to New Orleans once (by plane 2002),
Shreveport-Bossier three times (twice in 2006 & once last weekend by car) & Monroe once (last weekend by car).

Thanks,
fallguy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 10:05 AM

768 posts, read 4,386,496 times
It's an easy drive from Houston, but from Dallas... man I don't even know. It would be.... what? 6-7 hours? If you would be planning on staying 1-2 nights down there, the L'Auberge is supposedly a very nice resort... even a step up from our Horseshoe, which is quite a fine property itself.

Good luck, and please come back over to Shreveport-Bossier sometime! I make relatively frequent trips to Dallas from Shreveport, myself.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:44 PM

83 posts, read 523,390 times
Depends on how long you plan on staying and what you plan on doing. L'Auberge is nice but it's not Vegas. Cottons and Pats are both good but not worth a 6 hour drive.
If you plan on staying at L'Auberge for a few days and spending lots of money.......Maybe. Not really though.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 PM

420 posts, read 479,062 times
wow what a trip, um....u really need to fully explore Shreveport/Bossier City......Lake Charles......um I hear theres a nice lake there but other than that........yeah , u should explore Shreveport/Bossier City more.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:35 PM

I see.

Well, I say LC is worth seeing once & then driving back to Houston to crash with a friend there, then driving back to Dallas.

Currently talking to friends about helping me drive there from Dallas/Houston.

I'll keep y'all informed & thanks for your info.

Talk to you soon!!

fallguy

Old 02-18-2008, 02:29 PM

2 posts, read 12,511 times
I don't know if you'll get this in time, fallguy, but at least 2 other restaurants worth mentioning are Pujo St. Cafe near downtown and if you like Mexican food, Casa Manana on Ryan St.

Last edited by la_native; 02-18-2008 at 02:52 PM..

Old 02-24-2008, 07:31 PM

Thank you la_native!! I got it in plenty of time!!

We donno when we're going yet.

We plan on meeting a friend from Stephen F. Austin State Univ.-Nacgodoches & another friend from Alexandria in LC. I'm also trying to locate my old young singles minister's older brother who lives in LC. My old young singles pastor said look up my brother when you go. I said OK.

The friend helping me drive there is The King of Driving Directions. It doesn't hurt that he's 24 years old & has been going to LC most of his life for family activities b/c he has grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins on both sides there. Yet, though it holds great family memories for him, he does not like the town b/c "it seems run down & there's nothin' to do." He doesn't gamble at all.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:32 PM

Also, thank you to all respondents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana