Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2008, 02:52 AM

6 posts, read 29,118 times

Advertisements

I Am Moving To Lafayette In A Couple Of Months From Tucson Az, Looking To Make Friends Now. I Am 41 Married Black Female And A Little Nervous, Thought I Would Ask Questions And Get To Know People Now If Anyone Wants To Meet A Really Nice, Gentle Soul Please Email. Also Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Look For Open PositIons WithIN The City Online, I Was A City Councilor In NM Ten Years Ago? Also What Are Good Areas To Live IN For About $800 To $900 PER Month, Rent Wise...prefer Small House Or Apartment...can PaY A Little More If Need Be..... And How ABout Trucking Jobs For My Hubby...has CdL, No Experience Though.

Thanx

Last edited by ROBINGRAV; 05-14-2008 at 02:55 AM.. Reason: SPELLING GRAMMAR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 11:52 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,323,421 times
Hi there.
Im a 26 year old guy living with some friends in the Broadmoor area of town. It is close to the mall on the southside and a very safe and large neighborhood. Rent isnt too bad and the houses are decent size here. I also suggest checking out the northside area north of Pont Des Mouton if you want a more rural area away from the crowds. A lot of negative things have been said about that area, but honestly, the far northside North of I10 from Pont Des Mouton to Gloria Switch is in fact a very nice area to live in and quite safe. I lived there for 22 years with my parents before moving to an apartment near Scott (just moved again to Broadmoor to get more space and cheaper rent).

If you need to job search, theres a specialized site, called Acadiana Region job search and jobs posting. Find a high quality employee. Find the perfect job.

If your husband needs a truck driving job, you might want to check with the company I work for, Dupre Transport which delivers gasoline and other goods. they may need some new drivers and demand is always changing.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:53 PM

92 posts, read 584,059 times
can't help out with the rents because I live in Franklin but for jobs, you could try try; Better Acadiana Jobs.com as a starting point.. welcome to Louisiana as well.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 5,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBINGRAV View Post
I Am Moving To Lafayette In A Couple Of Months From Tucson Az, Looking To Make Friends Now. I Am 41 Married Black Female And A Little Nervous, Thought I Would Ask Questions And Get To Know People Now If Anyone Wants To Meet A Really Nice, Gentle Soul Please Email. Also Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Look For Open PositIons WithIN The City Online, I Was A City Councilor In NM Ten Years Ago? Also What Are Good Areas To Live IN For About $800 To $900 PER Month, Rent Wise...prefer Small House Or Apartment...can PaY A Little More If Need Be..... And How ABout Trucking Jobs For My Hubby...has CdL, No Experience Though.

Thanx
I am a white female 46 and have been living in Lafayette for 14 years I grew up In Tuson when I was young and my husband and I lived in Phoenix for 9 years. My husband is in the oil field and I stay home. I have three grow kids and one grandson. Lafayette is nice and think you will like it but I have had a hard time finding nice people to hang out with so thought I would write you. Its so green here and that is the first thing that you will love, but you will miss the mountains, I do and when I get a chance to visit my mom in Calif. I always in awe of the beauty of the mountains. cant help to much with the job market but there are jobs trucking oil field equipement. Dynasty trucking is big my husband says and they are busy, or the oil field which you dont alway need experience just have to work hard but the pay is good. good luck and if you want to met for lunch call me (247-0406) Karen

Old 08-05-2008, 05:45 AM

1 posts, read 5,395 times
Default New to near Lafayette area also looking to meet people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBINGRAV View Post

Thanx
I also recently moved to Louisiana with my 41 year old fiance. I am a 28 year old white girl from Indiana and expecting a baby any time. I live about 10 miles from Lafayette in a small town called Maurice. We moved to Louisiana to start over because things up north got too crazy. Right now we are staying with my parents until we save enough money to get a place. That in itself is not easy. One thing I can say is that there is a ton of work around here. My best advice for your hubby finding a job is to sign up at temp. agencies. My fiance works for a company called SeaSafe through a temp. agency called Willstaff. A couple other agency names are Spherion and Lofton. My fiance just put a resume together and got a job real quick. A website to check out is betteracadianajobs.com. I wish you both the best of luck. Feel free to contact me. It would be nice to get aquainted.

Thanx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana