Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2007, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 3,277 times

Advertisements

i might be taking an assignment at west jefferson hospital in morrero,La. any thoughts on the hospital, location of town, crime/safety

Last edited by travelRN; 02-09-2007 at 08:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 5,775 times
The city is Marrero, and moving to the Westbank is good if u live in one of the better neighbors. Crime is high since the Katrina Disaster. I now live in Dallas and the quailty of life for me is much better. Good luck in finding and securing housing.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:00 AM

8 posts, read 50,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelRN View Post
i might be taking an assignment at west jefferson hospital in morrero,La. any thoughts on the hospital, location of town, crime/safety
We lived in Marrero, Louisian from 1977 until late 2004. A very diverse, residential and bedroom community across the Mississippi from the city of New Orleans. West Jefferson is an Excellent hospital. Been there a number of times. A large staff of physicians in all disciplines. Shopping is abundant. One major mall on the West Bank which is where Marrero is located. Plenty of box stores and strip malls. Lots of nice neighborhoods, some quite high end and run the spectrum. Bellemeade is a nice subdivision. Tall Timbers, Stonebridge are two others which comes to mind. There are some poorer areas. The area around West Jefferson Hospital is all residential. Homes built back in the 40, 50, and 60's. Nicely established area, though a little low. Crime has been a problem lately in the metro area including the westbank. This I hear from my friends who remain in the area. My thoughts would be to learn the areas to stay out of. Along 4th Street, areas of Algiers, and Harvey. Both little towns on the westbank. Plaquemines Parish has nice homes off of the main Highway, near the Naval Air Station. It's a decent area to live for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana