U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:44 PM

1,269 posts, read 2,167,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick4Home View Post
LOL.. hummmmmmmmm.. well kinda take it with a grain of salt. my hubby has worked for companies that I swore he was married to the truck instead of me. LOL.. And it was hard raising the boys while Dad was out on the road.. To make up for the times he was gone.. we would do special things when Dad was home. I.E. weekend vacation trips to campgrounds, fishing trips, historical places, flea markets, and such. Holidays and special events such as birthdays, anniversaries were never celebrated on their actual days.. I still can remember once buying myself a ruby ring and when he came home I said thank you honey for my beautiful anniversary present..LOL
But of course we were married on the back of his flatbed truck, at a truckstop in Tennessee. All decorated up, with streamers and balloons.. LOL
I learned that I could be self reliant without hubby being home. I surprised myself.
I know how all that goes! Me personally I do not like to be alone and marry a trucker! Go figure. How many kids do you have? We have 5 ages 7-to 15 months twins! So you never get time to get to lonely I guess! LOL the getting married at a truck stop is for real! LOL that's cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 12:00 AM

159 posts, read 509,503 times
we have 3 , the two older boys are 24 and 21, the baby boy will be 18 soon.. but have my month old granddaughter to keep me company. when my DIL works and Daddys schedule is sometimes different.

Getting married on the truck was different, lol.. even our minister said he had married alot of people in different places but ours was the first time he ever had to climb onto a flatbed trailer,lol
You have your hands full with your little ones. But I still remember when ours were that young and how much fun it was to see the world thru their eyes.

It was only natural for me to be married to a trucker, my dad, uncle and a brother are all truckers as well. Even my Mom has driven.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:00 AM

929 posts, read 2,429,525 times
Hey everyone. I think the rain is finally stopping here.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:02 AM

we didn't even get any here at our place. Just a few sprinkles and that was it. Lucky you.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:03 AM

772 posts, read 4,082,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
Hey everyone. I think the rain is finally stopping here.
Seems that way. God it's been going too long. You see, I have 3 dogs ... my Pit Bull and my Doberman love to play in the mud. My Lhasa Apso, thankfully, just tiptoes around water and mud.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
we didn't even get any here at our place. Just a few sprinkles and that was it. Lucky you.
No, really, you don't understand. It's been raining non-stop since ... well, for at least 2 days now. Some rain is okay, but this has been bad. And COLD too!

Old 03-14-2009, 12:07 AM

send me some down to my house.. I could really use some.. DIL said that once they hit Jeanerette tonight, they were out of the rain coming to our place..
It's 75 inside our house as well. and i sitting here with the windows open to stay cool, but I am seriously considering turning on the air.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
send me some down to my house.. I could really use some.. DIL said that once they hit Jeanerette tonight, they were out of the rain coming to our place..
It's 75 inside our house as well. and i sitting here with the windows open to stay cool, but I am seriously considering turning on the air.
Oh my GOD I've had my heat on for 2 days! lol

Old 03-14-2009, 12:22 AM

LOL.. I am going to go round up some buckets, so send some of your rain my way.. it's cloudy tonight but it was that way last night, and we didn't get a drop.. my flower beds are so dry, and I want to get out and play in the dirt and get them ready for plants..

Old 03-14-2009, 02:42 AM

1,269 posts, read 2,167,841 times
Hey guys sorry could be on tonigt I was so excited about this new chat! But I was busy. I hope you all enjoy it too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana