Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:02 PM

1,127 posts, read 4,993,817 times

Advertisements

Y'all have GOT to go to the Myrtles and take that night time ghost tour!! It was so totally worth the drive, in the dark, in the middle of po-dunk nowhere. We absolutely loved it! My two sisters, one neice, cousin and her kid have talked about spending the night, but so far no one has made any concrete plans, (I guess we are kinda chicken. What cha think Toupsee? Still up for it? {{shivers}}).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 09:04 PM

44 posts, read 197,363 times
Ok... Evergreen Plantation in Edgard, LA (about an hour away from New Orleans in plantation country on River Road)....
THis place is so haunted I had a paranormal experience about 3 seconds after approaching an old slave cabin.... Here's what happened: I stepped on the porch and got a terrible feeling of dread. As I went closer to the door frame to enter (door was open), I got chills and goosebumps everywhere. A policeman was on the ground level shining a flashlight into the cabin but as he stepped onto the porch, the light immediately went out. He pressed it on and off and nothing worked. Then as I took one more step toward the door frame, the door VERY slowly closed by itself!!!! (No wind that day). Well, we took off running to say the least...
Anyway, the cop told me it was his third time there (doing patrols- it is not open to the public) and that he has had an experience every single time...

Old 03-30-2009, 09:05 PM

763 posts, read 2,654,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
Y'all have GOT to go to the Myrtles and take that night time ghost tour!! It was so totally worth the drive, in the dark, in the middle of po-dunk nowhere. We absolutely loved it! My two sisters, one neice, cousin and her kid have talked about spending the night, but so far no one has made any concrete plans, (I guess we are kinda chicken. What cha think Toupsee? Still up for it? {{shivers}}).
I'm out on that. Let us know how that works out for ya.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:10 PM

947 posts, read 2,394,011 times
Quote:
Oh cool I did not know they did night time tours! I gotta do that! Thanks for the tip!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:14 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,911,288 times
Quote:
Ya'all gotta stay o'night! Drou, did I tell you we went there with our drummer friend and stayed? Gorgeous spot, but I didn't find it creepy or anything. We stayed in the gardeners' cottage, which is totally self-contained and sleeps 4. Very cosy. Mind you, they insist that no-one should try getting into the main house if they aren't part of a tour. Very controlled. Of course that's just what Torsten (other 1/2) did. He got a 'mysterious' pic of what was supposedly their ghost. It looked impressive. Pity it was him playing silly!
But I'd recommend Myrtles for the history, and the chance to see a real pretty plantation. Perhaps BYO ghost and a good imagination.
Oh, and the staff there were GREAT, nothing was too much trouble!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronilla View Post
Ok... Evergreen Plantation in Edgard, LA (about an hour away from New Orleans in plantation country on River Road)....
THis place is so haunted I had a paranormal experience about 3 seconds after approaching an old slave cabin.... Here's what happened: I stepped on the porch and got a terrible feeling of dread. As I went closer to the door frame to enter (door was open), I got chills and goosebumps everywhere. A policeman was on the ground level shining a flashlight into the cabin but as he stepped onto the porch, the light immediately went out. He pressed it on and off and nothing worked. Then as I took one more step toward the door frame, the door VERY slowly closed by itself!!!! (No wind that day). Well, we took off running to say the least...
Anyway, the cop told me it was his third time there (doing patrols- it is not open to the public) and that he has had an experience every single time...
They do not give tours there? Awww that sucks!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Ya'all gotta stay o'night! Drou, did I tell you we went there with our drummer friend and stayed? Gorgeous spot, but I didn't find it creepy or anything. We stayed in the gardeners' cottage, which is totally self-contained and sleeps 4. Very cosy. Mind you, they insist that no-one should try getting into the main house if they aren't part of a tour. Very controlled. Of course that's just what Torsten (other 1/2) did. He got a 'mysterious' pic of what was supposedly their ghost. It looked impressive. Pity it was him playing silly!
But I'd recommend Myrtles for the history, and the chance to see a real pretty plantation. Perhaps BYO ghost and a good imagination.
Oh, and the staff there were GREAT, nothing was too much trouble!
What is the cost for staying there?

Old 03-30-2009, 09:28 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,911,288 times
Here ya go..
The Myrtles Plantation

The caretakers (sorry, not gardeners) cottage has a double bed and 2 bunks. 'Twas nice sittin on the front porch in the sun.

The only scary part of it for me was the snoring of my 2 companions.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:30 PM

763 posts, read 2,654,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
What is the cost for staying there?
You are serious about this aren't you ?

Old 03-30-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
You are serious about this aren't you ?
Yes! Why you wanna come too? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana