U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-24-2010, 05:55 AM

1,114 posts, read 1,104,047 times
Lafayette has blight. Much of it happens to be on some of the main Interstate exits.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the designers and planners around here were idiots.

The oak trees are nice. The people who cut them down for Johnston St are morons.
We have to look at the results. Much of that ain't purty.

Lafayette is a great place but it does look like a hole in certian areas.

You should see Austin's seedier side. Miami? Wow.

All cities have run down areas. Lafayette is no different. The difference is the food, music and culture. There aren't many yankees who eat velveeta white bread mayo sandwiches.

There are prices to pay. I'll take some run down areas over yankees anyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-27-2010, 11:35 AM

245 posts, read 226,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
There aren't many yankees who eat velveeta white bread mayo sandwiches.
I'd say there aren't many "anything" that eat those.

Unread 03-02-2010, 07:49 PM

16 posts, read 33,451 times
Lafayette is definitely not a dump. I think imaterry78259 just likes causing problems. I mean I don't know what imaterry considers "cool and progressive," and Lafayette has a great downtown area.

Unread 05-17-2010, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,397 times
Frankly, after too many years of walls and uniformity, my first requirement was "No HOAs, no deed restrictions". I found the perfect place for me in Youngsville on an acre, backed up to a cane field. I move next weekend and can't wait. I've been away from South Louisiana too long!

Unread 05-18-2010, 04:05 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,236,016 times
I hate uniformity. Those suburban neighborhoods where each house looks exactly the same and you can touch your neighbors house with your arms stretched out...no thanks. It really doesnt get anymore boring than that.

Unread 07-09-2010, 08:24 AM

1,047 posts, read 946,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
I hate uniformity. Those suburban neighborhoods where each house looks exactly the same and you can touch your neighbors house with your arms stretched out...no thanks. It really doesnt get anymore boring than that.
I couldn't agree with you more. Funny thing, in the past suburban dwellings were much more carefully planned and many of them have a variety of building styles(they didn't all use that ugly ass faded red brick) and had much yard. Suburbs today, don't have that much yard, they use the same brick, that faded red, or if you go to florida (beige ugh). and you can shake your neighbors hand just putting your hand out the window. But do you know what's sad about that? Even though the homes are that close, most of those ppl still don't know who their neighbors are.

Unread 07-09-2010, 11:24 AM

337 posts, read 286,589 times
Anyone that thinks Lafayette is a dump is just an idiot, I'm sorry. Lafayette is a fantastic town, and is tied for my favorite in Louisiana with Ruston. Sure, you'll see some ghetto crap on Route d'Evangeline, but unlike a lot of places in Louisiana, Lafayette has its ghetto confined to one particular part of town. I have enjoyed every bit of time I've spent there, and that's a LOT!

Oh yeah, and how 'bout them Louisiana IceGators?!!!

Unread 07-09-2010, 03:17 PM

155 posts, read 211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu7 View Post
Anyone that thinks Lafayette is a dump is just an idiot, I'm sorry.
Way to ruin your argument. Ad hominem never works.

Unread 07-09-2010, 10:40 PM

It may not be a dump but the traffic is a pain in the ass. Dude, I though ppl in Lake Charles couldnt drive??? LOL, I got a rude awakening when I drove to Lafayette about three weeks ago.

Unread 07-10-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
Lafayette has blight. Much of it happens to be on some of the main Interstate exits.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the designers and planners around here were idiots.

The oak trees are nice. The people who cut them down for Johnston St are morons.
We have to look at the results. Much of that ain't purty.

Lafayette is a great place but it does look like a hole in certian areas.

You should see Austin's seedier side. Miami? Wow.

All cities have run down areas. Lafayette is no different. The difference is the food, music and culture. There aren't many yankees who eat velveeta white bread mayo sandwiches. dawg, there are lots of foods that I'll eat being from Louisiana, but that aint one of them LOL, I remember having a white bread mayo sandwich w/ a slice of cheese(not sure if it was velveeta or what) at after school care when I was a kid.........UGH!!! Never again! But the music and culture is a treat.

There are prices to pay. I'll take some run down areas over yankees anyday.
How exactly did we get on to talking about yankees again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana