U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2012, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,128 times

Advertisements

I just got a ticket on I-49 in St landry parish for 81 in a 75 ( 6 over). 195$ and i am sure that state farm insurance that i have been with for 35 years will get a notice as well. Had my cruise set at 77-78. Never had a problem anywhere in my life at 2-3 miles over. This is accepted nation wide. No tickets on my driving record. My wife and i were returning from arkansas injoying our 32 wedding aniversary. The sheriff created a hazard just getting behind me two turn the lights on considering all the vehicles that were around me. I never got off my cruise untill i saw the sherrif behind me and i saw her parked on the side of the interstate. I was shocked. The police are paid by us with our tax dollars two protect and serve. Not harrass and create a hazardous situation. The parish of st landry must have a lot of pension and insurance programs that they need to keep funded, and i am sure that statement hit a sensative spot. Have heard of bad crimes not being kept in check in this parish. Putting there resources into writting tickets on the interstate. This sheriffs department needs two be investigated for abuse of there powers. You work your hole life. Never ask anybody for anything. Raise children, send them two colleage and pay taxes so this local goverments employees can retire with better benifiets than most working folks.What happen two looking at your driving record on the computor. Verifing that you are not a criminal and giving you a waring for the first time considering the miles over they issue tickets for in this parish. The dont want two do this because this is a major source of income for their department. The St landry sheriff department needs two be investigated for abuse of its powers. This has gone on long enough.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 09:37 AM

14,601 posts, read 21,182,629 times
Technically you broke the law and you created a hazard for yourself and other drivers. Not saying I agree, but that's what the law says.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,078 times
Well i was only going 5 miles over and my ticket is $165....I DEFINITELY GO 75 NOW IN THAT AREA. Funny thing i too was passing a slow vehicle, but i guess they already knew what was just over the overpass waiting

Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 PM

14,601 posts, read 21,182,629 times
Remember these rural parishes need all the money they can get, you will get ticketed if you are pulled over.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,999 times
He got me too! Rude and arrogant police officer. Last time I ever drive down that highway, much less buy gas and food in the town of Washington as I did on this last trip. I've tried to call to find out my options but no one ansers the phone and the website is broken. The officer put a rubber stamp on the back of the citation so you can't read the fine print. I can't even read his hand writing on the front. I feel like I've been robbed!

Old 04-05-2013, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,893 times
St Landry Parish just got me today. On I49 going 83 in a 70. I had the speedo set for 74. I forgot and put bigger tires on the truck which I think makes the speedo register low. OK you got me I will pay my money and move on down the road. Hey wait a minute I just passed 4 state troopers within 5 miles picking us dreadful menacing speeders off. Is this public safety or sharks looking for easy prey / revenue. I think Opelousas just got all of the money I am willing to spend there forever!

Old 04-07-2013, 12:18 PM

31 posts, read 116,659 times
Here's a piece of advice to all the people who are caught speeding over the speed limit: stop speeding.

Problem solved.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,829 times
Default Laughable

mod cut ticketed for doing 77 in a 75 while my cruise was set on 75 mod cut

Last edited by Sam I Am; 05-14-2013 at 05:07 AM.. Reason: Sorry you're upset, but you basically have a consumer complaint

Old 06-16-2013, 12:13 PM

36 posts, read 124,770 times
Washington La always has two police on the interstate, you think you passed one and then there is another. But the speed limit is 75 now, so I find they are giving less tickets.

Speed traps: port Barre on highway 190 and especially Woodworth, la.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:12 PM

455 posts, read 802,319 times
It's definitely a speed trap. Joseph Pitre was (dunno if he still is) the Mayor there and he also used to teach Operating Systems at Louisiana Technical College when I was going there, and he told us all the stories. Tickets are basically their primary funding. I would advise going like 5 miles under the speed limit there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or