Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:30 AM

54 posts, read 303,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Me too... Lets put BP out of business and drive up the cost of everything from makeup to medicines....
They need to stay in business at least long enough to pay for this atrocious mess they are making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 12:14 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,846,269 times
Don't worry they made 27 billion dollars in profit last year or 37, doubt this will put them out of business. So far the CEO of BP has said that his company is taking full responsiblity for the spill and that they will fully clean up the entire spill and pay off any legitimate claims, guess we will see how it all plays out, a local politician was asking why all the executives are coming out of houston when all the drilling is being done in Louisiana. There are many unanswered questions. Wonder how all this would be playing out if it would have happened off the Texas or California coast. Guarented when the slick washes up on Florida's panhandle coast the shi! will hit the fan. No wonder ther dumping so much disperson on it at least keep the oil in Louisiana for God's sake.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:02 PM

Sorry if my spelling a little off all I was trying to say is that if the spill happened in a more politicaly connected state maybe more would be getting done, course if they don't get it shut down soon we will find out as mississipi, alabama and florida will be hit before long you see this spill keeps growing. In fact, this has the real potential to be the largest environmental disaster this country has ever seen, according to some experts. dumping the dispersent on it isn't getting rid of the problem, only sinking it below the surface, it's still washing up on shore.

Last edited by waitingtundra; 05-09-2010 at 06:14 PM..

Old 05-09-2010, 09:42 PM

On the local news they are talking about the 850,000 gallons of chemicals that have been dumped on the oil, the way it sounds that stuff may be worse than the oil. Not looking good

Old 05-10-2010, 07:51 AM

14,785 posts, read 23,969,550 times
none of this on any state is looking good and I will keep all of the gulf coast in my prayers that it does not hurt the economy or the shore too much . I feel for all the hotel owners on the gulf shores and how much business they will loose and some will not be able to recover from it and will go under . I also feel bad for how much sea life is going to be destroyed . And let me tell you that I hope there is a special place in hell for ppl who try to gouge ppl for food , water , gas what have you . I will keep all of you in my prayers .

Old 05-14-2010, 07:16 PM

Folks go to the Alaska chat and get a eyefull of what is to come on this oil spill. it is shaping into one of the largest manmade or natural dissasters of our lifetime and maybe all time, it's getting huge.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:26 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,231,342 times
If I see a BP employee in the marsh I will bury them out there.

Not a threat. A promise.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:27 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,231,342 times
Maybe NOW humans will realize how much oil companies ARE NOT green and DO NOT GIVE A CHIT about you.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:16 AM

529 posts, read 1,002,884 times
Did you guys see this:

BP's "Rules" Prevent Journalists From Touring Gulf Coast Damage | Crooks and Liars

Now BP is telling journalists (and anyone else for that matter) that they are not allowed to take pictures or video of the beaches. I swear, you can't make this stuff up.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:17 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,370,647 times
WTH??
When CBS tried to film a beach with heavy oil on the shore in South Pass, Louisiana, a boat of BP contractors, and two Coast Guard officers, told them to turn around, or be arrested.
"This is BP's rules, it's not ours," someone aboard the boat said. Coast Guard officials told CBS that they're looking into it.
As the Coast Guard is a branch of the Armed Forces, it brings into question how closely the government and BP are working together to keep details of the disaster in the dark.
Hold the phone...BP is making the rules???? Kind of hard to argue that we aren't a full-blown corporatocracy, when BP--that's British Petroleum--is leading the United States Coast Guard on this--and this is okay with a branch of our armed forces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana