Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 04:53 PM

206 posts, read 342,622 times

Advertisements

Generally speaking, in yalls opinion, what would you say are the most overrated east end subdivisions? Keeping in mind that all subdivisions have their good points and bad points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 05:57 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,263,537 times
I would say that you have gotten your answer. There aren't any "overrated".

Old 06-17-2010, 04:32 PM

Okay, looks like they are all great!. Just checking. I'm from out of town and I hear many great things about various areas in the east end. I just wanted to get other opinions.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katolb90 View Post
Okay, looks like they are all great!. Just checking. I'm from out of town and I hear many great things about various areas in the east end. I just wanted to get other opinions.
My intentions were not to be a smart-a.., but the facts are that the pricing of each subdivision, and there are huge spreads, pretty much has kept the likelyhood of an over-rated subdivision.

Depending on your personal needs such as commute distance, if you have educational/child service needs, and your personal likes and dislikes, etc, you will find many "models". There are open subdivisions, there are closer built, there are tough HOA's and less restrictive HOA's.

I wish you the best of hunting.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:10 PM

A tough HOA would seem like the way to go. What subs have the toughest HOAs?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katolb90 View Post
A tough HOA would seem like the way to go. What subs have the toughest HOAs?
It's odd that you would like someone telling you that the brown color you like is needs a bit more red to be "in spec." However, that is what's great about America. If you like that, then the toughest of the tough would be North Field at the intersection of I-264 and US 42. I know they almost talked the 1974 tornado into going around instead of through the subdivision.

You will find that Arbor Ridge (off KY 329 in Crestwood) would be a great place. I live in Briar Hill and we have a very lax HOA, but no body does any stupid stuff, either.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:50 AM

65 posts, read 139,490 times
Hillcrest in Prospect is really nice too. Arbor Ridge is nice but the drive seems a little long to get there but you may really like the area. Good Luck!

Old 06-18-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emom975 View Post
Hillcrest in Prospect is really nice too. Arbor Ridge is nice but the drive seems a little long to get there but you may really like the area. Good Luck!
emom, you get the response, but you are not the target. Please forgive me for using your post as only an example.

I am constantly amazed at the "drive seems a little long" reaction by so many to Oldham County. Example, from Springhurst subdivision near Hurstbourne Parkway to downtown, 15 minutes. From Arbor Ridge to downtown, 16 minutes.

It's the perception, I understand, but it's reality that makes all the difference. From Middletown to downtown, oh, how does 17-20 minutes sound and from Prospect (in Jefferson Co) to Downtown... oh, how does 20-25 min or longer ring?

Let me share once again, as a professional Realtor licensed in Kentucky and Indiana, I care not where people choose to buy a home, but I just want people to see the forest beyond the trees. That's my job and why I feel very good about what I do.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:31 AM

5,284 posts, read 19,991,353 times
Here is something to consider: We have at least a half dozen friends who live in Briar Hill Estates - all are upset at the overgrown entrance - no landscaping, no lighting, etc....very, very dark at night. In the winter the big steep hilled entrance (off of 22) to the subdivision is very slow to be plowed of snow so very difficult sometimes to get in and out that way - very icy and steep.

On the other hand, in Prospect, the subdivisions are beautifully landscaped - lakes, waterfalls, flowers, trees neatly trimmed, etc. The subdivisions are well lit and there is a police presence which helps keep our crime low (we have our own police department). We live in Hunting Creek and we pay no HOA although some do. The streets are promptly plowed when it snows.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Here is something to consider: We have at least a half dozen friends who live in Briar Hill Estates - all are upset at the overgrown entrance - no landscaping, no lighting, etc....very, very dark at night. In the winter the big steep hilled entrance (off of 22) to the subdivision is very slow to be plowed of snow so very difficult sometimes to get in and out that way - very icy and steep.

On the other hand, in Prospect, the subdivisions are beautifully landscaped - lakes, waterfalls, flowers, trees neatly trimmed, etc. The subdivisions are well lit and there is a police presence which helps keep our crime low (we have our own police department). We live in Hunting Creek and we pay no HOA although some do. The streets are promptly plowed when it snows.
I know everyone does not have a wordsmith ability. I certainly don't, but your descriptions of Prospect and Hunting Creek are such that instead of comparing communities, you misrepresent facts by implying that there is rampant crime and poor community pride in Briar Hill. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

The entrance which you are talking about is the old construction entrance adapted to be used as an alternative route. The Cambridge, Shadow Creek, Briarwood, Clore Lane corridor is the designed egress/ingress route to Briar Hill. It was never intended that the up and over the hill route would be more than an alternative entrance. Just for kicks, I drive out that way and through Orchard Grass Hills just every once in a while.

I have never had an issue with the Oldham County Road Dept with snow removal, anywhere in the county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area