Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 08:12 PM

206 posts, read 342,864 times

Advertisements

Looking for a high quality reasonable roofer to install a new roof. I am thinking about K&P, Middletown Roofing, American Roofing and Mr. Roof. Anyone used any of these companies? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 PM

11,028 posts, read 17,412,196 times
Too bad you can't find an Amish community around there. The Amish men will tear it off and reroof pretty quick and do great work. And inexpensive too!

Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 AM

8 posts, read 20,798 times
We used Middletown in December 2009. Can't say enough good things about them. Our insurance company was a real pain and I feel that Middletown went above and beyond to get whatever the could covered.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 AM

687 posts, read 1,937,930 times
Default Free Roof?

Recently I have had a roofing company stop by to tell me that because my roof shingle style has been discontinued - I can get a new roof, paid for by my insurance company because I have wind damage. I'm tempted to take them up on their offer, but am a little suspicious. My roof looks ok to me, but I'm not a roofer. Has anyone heard of this before or done anything like it? Is it legal or ethical?

Old 02-24-2013, 06:00 AM

797 posts, read 2,329,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
Recently I have had a roofing company stop by to tell me that because my roof shingle style has been discontinued - I can get a new roof, paid for by my insurance company because I have wind damage. I'm tempted to take them up on their offer, but am a little suspicious. My roof looks ok to me, but I'm not a roofer. Has anyone heard of this before or done anything like it? Is it legal or ethical?
Who is it? If it's Abelard, DO NOT USE THEM. I could tell you some awful stories of what they did to my place.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:08 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,022,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post

Sound like a "storm chaser", and don't use them~!

Old 02-28-2013, 04:51 PM

687 posts, read 1,937,930 times
Thanks for the advice. I called another roofing company listed in the BBB and am having them come by to look at the roof to get their opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area