Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:42 AM

2 posts, read 4,748 times

Advertisements

Hi. Does anyone here have experience with both cities and can compare the two? We may need to choose between them in the near future.
Thanks

US:
50's couple. Professional. Empty-nesters. Conservative. Like urban settings, but not urban hassles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 PM

7,063 posts, read 16,639,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekexec View Post
Hi. Does anyone here have experience with both cities and can compare the two? We may need to choose between them in the near future.
Thanks

US:
50's couple. Professional. Empty-nesters. Conservative. Like urban settings, but not urban hassles.
Louisville by a landslide. The cities are not in the same league. Louisville is at least 3 times larger but doesnt have anymore "hassle." The city has lots more culture and things to offer and is all very accessible with cheap prices, low traffic, safe areas, etc. Sounds like you would enjoy Louisville's Highlands neighborhood.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:32 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,806,312 times
On the other hand, Chattanooga has undergone a huge urban renaissance in recent years. It's a very attractive small city, with loads of historic and scenic attractions: Chickamauga National Historic Park, Lookout Mountain, with its famous Rock City, and iconic Ruby Falls Caverns, the new aquarium and adjoining Imax theater, art museums and more. The areas along both sides of the Tennessee River waterfront have been renovated and are booming.

I cannot comment on living in Chattanooga, but it's a remarkable place to visit. Easy proximity to Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville and Asheville is another huge plus for Chattanoogans.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:02 PM

26,679 posts, read 41,525,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekexec View Post
Thanks

US:
Personally, I think Louisville is a city where you can have big-city amenities at a very affordable COL without many of the headaches of big cities. I moved from Washington DC Metro which has many things people hate about big cities like high crime and crazy traffic to the Louisville area and am impressed with what Louisville has to offer even while miserably stuck in the suburbs. I plan on moving into town over the summer and while I probably aint gonna be here long term Louisville aint gonna be a bad stop.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:50 AM

17 posts, read 58,856 times
I think you could like either place. All of my husband's family lives in Chattanooga...his little sister loves Louisville -- thinks that it seems cleaner and has a lot going on. I personally think Chattanooga is beautiful, but if urban is what you're looking for, Louisville might be a good choice. It doesn't feel like a big city to me, but I don't have to jump on the highways much to get around.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:28 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,774,195 times
Louisville has a great sports and arts scene. It's a great combination of rural and urban.

The best thing Chattanooga has going for it is it's close proximity to the Smokey Mountains, which are wonderful.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:24 PM

970 posts, read 1,863,243 times
Chattanooga......esp. if you are more conservative. Louisville is very liberal.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:54 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,774,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Olikee View Post
Chattanooga......esp. if you are more conservative. Louisville is very liberal.
LOL! Compared to what? The rest of Kentucky? I guess you mean that as an insult, but trust me, considering how backwards the rest of this state is, I'm fine with that distinction!

Old 06-06-2011, 05:47 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,896,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
LOL! Compared to what? The rest of Kentucky? I guess you mean that as an insult, but trust me, considering how backwards the rest of this state is, I'm fine with that distinction!
lmao.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:54 PM

970 posts, read 1,863,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
Ummm............compared to Chattanooga. OP said he / she was "conservative."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: