Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,444 times

Advertisements

My parent's 40th anniversary is coming up in Aug 2011 and my brother's and I would like to throw a big party. We're thinking about 100 people. I've looked into all the biggies downtown - Churchill, Glassworks etc - they are a little pricey. I'm hoping to keep it around 3K including food. Parents live out near Tom Sawyer Park but we're willing to go pretty much anywhere. Someplace where people can mingle but would like it to be secluded from the public or other parties if possible. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 10:37 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisatty View Post
My parent's 40th anniversary is coming up in Aug 2011 and my brother's and I would like to throw a big party. We're thinking about 100 people. I've looked into all the biggies downtown - Churchill, Glassworks etc - they are a little pricey. I'm hoping to keep it around 3K including food. Parents live out near Tom Sawyer Park but we're willing to go pretty much anywhere. Someplace where people can mingle but would like it to be secluded from the public or other parties if possible. Thanks so much!
try this same post on the forum at LouisvilleHotBytes.com it is free just use your real name to register. much more hits and ideas there.

100 people is alot and can be tough. I would try contacting silver spoon catering and also the henry clay building downtown. also downtown you have the guillespie and vincenzos which could accomodate such a large group. also look into the rooms at the yum center. im sure theres some cheaper spots in the burbs but im thinking renting a room thatbig wuld be at least a grand. maybe try the place in indiana behind rockys (cant recall name). some buildings hurting for leasing may also accomodate. im thinking about places like mellwood arts center.

100 is pretty big crowd and i really have no idea how you can feed that many people for so cheap...you do realize thats only 30 bucks a head and that is just for food right? I'd say the only way you get it that cheap is by catering sandwiches or box lunches or chicken and going to the teepee at cherokee park or the great lawn at waterfrontpark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area