Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 08:15 PM

8 posts, read 23,331 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Louisville and have never been to a horse race in my life! Im goiing to the Breeders cup really need help on what to wear, I know its going to be sunny and in the 60's...im going with a guy so obviously he's not that great of help on my outfit choices lol....I'm pretty sure that were going to be in the stands...he said dress and heels...but that seems a little dressy? I dont want to be over dressed or under dressed...please help! as you all know its this Saturday so I need to find something a.s.a.p....thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 10:29 PM

970 posts, read 1,867,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRITadair5695 View Post
I just moved to Louisville and have never been to a horse race in my life! Im goiing to the Breeders cup really need help on what to wear, I know its going to be sunny and in the 60's...im going with a guy so obviously he's not that great of help on my outfit choices lol....I'm pretty sure that were going to be in the stands...he said dress and heels...but that seems a little dressy? I dont want to be over dressed or under dressed...please help! as you all know its this Saturday so I need to find something a.s.a.p....thanks!!
Nice pants + jacket or sweater would be fine! Don't worry too much about it.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:37 PM

4,531 posts, read 8,835,470 times
Quote:
Are you just going as spectators? Or is your date connected to an owner, trainer, jockey or somebody involved in the business? If your guy wants to see you in heels and a dress and you are comfortable with that why not do it his way? If he is involved in the business you sure don't want to dress in Friday casual. Horse racing is one of the classiest sports left.

GL2

Old 11-03-2011, 09:05 AM

8 posts, read 23,331 times
Thanks!...Just as a spectator, I just don't want to look super out of place if i'm wearing heels in the stands

Old 11-03-2011, 09:17 AM

4,531 posts, read 8,835,470 times
Quote:
Thanks!...Just as a spectator, I just don't want to look super out of place if i'm wearing heels in the stands
Take it from a dirty ol man, nice looking ladies in a skirt and heels never look out of place.
GL2

Old 11-03-2011, 06:26 PM

242 posts, read 401,256 times
Quote:
You wouldn't be!

Old 11-05-2011, 12:23 AM

970 posts, read 1,867,499 times
I hope she wore sensible / comfortable shoes.....horse-racing is looooooong.... and something warm. Then changed into something fabulous for dinner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: