Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 10:42 AM

970 posts, read 1,871,789 times

Advertisements

There have been some negative posts lately about LKY..........I admit I have contributed to them.

SO......let's hear the positive......ONLY positive. I think there are some good things about LKY above and beyond basketball. I'll start.....

I miss the beautiful falls there.......gorgeous....won't find that here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 07:45 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,789,273 times
Tons of great restaurants for a city of its size. Relative diversity of population. Good community leaders.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:07 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,304,929 times
The people!! The people... Generous, compassionate people. Maybe to a fault.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:55 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,908,156 times
low cost of living. great dining scene. great craft beer culture.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:06 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,043,315 times
Gr-reat concerts in the parks in the summertime

Old 12-06-2011, 12:32 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,040,072 times
We live in Prospect about 25 minutes away from downtown - so many streams, waterfalls, marinas, boats and of course the river. We had friends from California visit last year and we took them to Captain's Quarters and ate outside on the deck overlooking the river - the weather was fabulous and there was a regatta going on - all the sails were white and they turned around right in front of CQ's - our friends were so impressed. We drove them around our area - all the beautiful old homes up in the hills above River Road and the lovely homes of Indian Hills - this was hardly what they had expected of Kentucky. We love the trees, cows, horse farms and gorgeous mansions and sweet little cottages that dot the countryside. We are originally from So. California too so we are much more into bucolic than we are busy downtown areas (we have had a lifetime of traffic and noise) - although we do go out to some fabulous restaurants downtown, see plays and go to musicals - we really like downtown too.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:11 PM

242 posts, read 402,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
Good community leaders.
Could you please cite some examples of who you consider to be in this group. This is one of the area's that I think Louisville is really lacking in. It seems like all of the leaders are only in leadership positions for their own good, not that of the community. I'd like to hear who you think it's a good community leader and doing it for the benefit of the community.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:48 PM

There is no doubt about Dr. James Ramsey, President of U of L. Mr. Joe Tolan, President of Metro United Way, my wife, Gale Cox, recently retired HR Director of Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance and on Board of Metro United Way, Barry Barker, CEO of TARC, David Jones and the late Wendell Cherry, Irv and Kathy Bailey, Greg Fischer, current Mayor, Steve Langford (recently retired from WAVE-TV), Charlie Moyer, retired Dean of U of L College of Business, Harold Workman, CEO of Kentucky Fair Board. Junior Bridgeman, the late Lenny Lyles, Rebecca Jackson, former County Judge Executive of Jefferson Co. & Kentucky Derby Festival, Kevin Cosby, Pastor of St. Stephens Baptist Church, Stan Curtis of Kentucky Harvest, and 1000's more. I recommend a subscription to Business First to get a weekly dose of so many women and men who are providing extra-ordinary leadership in creating jobs, job opportunities, healthy homes, quality living, and fabulous charitiable services and human care.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:11 PM

242 posts, read 402,408 times
You have cited some great leaders that I had not thought about. Some of the ones you cited, Mayor Fischer, Mr. Workman etc. I really don't have a lot of praise for because they just continued to cost the citizens of Louisville more money without providing any additional benefits. The politics of Louisville are just as corrupt as they ever have been or maybe even worse. They also cater to those who complain the loudest and cause the most problems instead of those who really need help from the gov't. The fair board doesn't seem to worry about services being able to afford even free events at the fairgrounds considering the $8.00 parking fee!

I do subscribe to business first and have since moving here with my corporation. Some of the names you mentioned I do recognize but some of the other ones (including your wife) I don't recognize.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:48 PM

I supported Hal Heiner for mayor, but Fisher has done as well as possible with the current Metro Council.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area