Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:32 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,822,087 times

Advertisements

That king fish is there, but it xoesnt look like a boat anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 07:13 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,872,464 times
Orange Julius was also in the Jefferson Mall.

There used to be a Kingfish at Sixth St and River Rd many years ago. It was built to look like a boat.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 PM

1,448 posts, read 4,791,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
There used to be a Kingfish at Sixth St and River Rd many years ago. It was built to look like a boat.
Ditto the one on Bardstown Road, across from the Showcase Cinema. (Which also isn't there any more.)

Old 02-14-2012, 10:54 PM

555 posts, read 877,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
This thread is about places that you remember seeing around Louisville that were memorable or nostalgic to you from bygone years that are no longer there.I remember the Lum's restaurant on Taylorsville Road near Hikes point was a memorable place for me. I attended Waggener High School and worked there on weekends and knew lots of people. I met the Kentucky Colonels basketball players there back in the early 1970's. Now the place is a Goodwill store when I was here in the early 1990's.Does anybody have any memories of places to share that were once here and are no longer that were nostalgic and memorable to you? What has taken their place?
Did you cook Ollieburgers when you worked at Lum's?

I am trying to find out how the marinade was applied to the burgers. Was it pasted on top and bottom just before cooking, or was the burger soaked in the marinade for a period? I have the spices and can make the marinade.

Thanks, anyone else who may know.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,160 times
hey former dancer, my favorite dancer of the champagne knights was "scorpio" do u know who he is? and whatever happened to him?

Old 04-04-2013, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 5,932 times
Default 18 in 1984

Man, I miss "cruisin'" at the Point (Hikes Point), Sizzlin' Steak on the corner of Dutchmans Lane and Browns Lane (now Hooters) (pulled into the parking lot with my friend when we saw Ozzy's tour bus there after his concert and he waved and shows us the chewed meat in his mouth...LOL!!!)--I think it was a Lum's Steakhouse before it was Sizzlin' Steak, Thornberry Toys (THE GI Joe Headquarters), THE Toy Tiger (and old girlfriend won the homemade bikini contest with a bikini made out of Life Savors!), Godfather's Pizza at Hikes Point, Burger Chef/Burger Queen in J-Town (Moby Dick's is there now), Topps Department Store in Hikes Point (where the TJ Maxx is now). Does anyone remember the KUNZ Drug Store in Hike Point? It had the neon sign with large letters that would light up: "K-U-N-Z" then would flash "KUNZ" three times? Back when you could leave your kids in the car, my brother and I would chant "K-U-N-Z, KUNZ, KUNZ, KUNZ!!!!" out of boredom waiting for Mom and Dad to get back to the car....LOL!

Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 PM

2 posts, read 5,932 times
Didn't they change the name to New Orleans East before they closed? I was sooooooo pissed when it closed! I was there just a couple of weeks before it closed.......

Old 05-22-2013, 06:07 PM

51 posts, read 178,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNLouisville View Post
I've been gone from home for some time but I have two Bardstown Road institutions.
The Showcase Cinema (known to us just as "the cinemas"). I remember the lines for Star Wars and sat in the front row when the crowd cheered at the end of Jaws.
The other....The Godfather. A classy institution if there ever was one. I never went in; spent most of my time hanging out across the street at Taco Bell.
Also from the same area...what was the name of that tall hotel/condo building that was next to the cinemas. Is that still there?
Brown's. I saw on a real estate listing that a unit can be had there for low five figures; has that area become the ghetto?

Old 05-23-2013, 04:39 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,909,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Lee View Post
Brown's. I saw on a real estate listing that a unit can be had there for low five figures; has that area become the ghetto?
uh, not really ghetto, but not nice

Old 09-08-2013, 06:20 AM

2 posts, read 7,035 times
I grew up on Sumner Road, just behind the Brown Suburban Hotel.
There use to be a Ranch House at Goldsmith and Bardstown. Great food as I recall.
DOes anyone remember a pizza place on Hikes near the Skyway Drive-In? It was called Joe-Z's and it was a rare treat to go eat there!
Also, I really, really miss the old House Of Chen Chinese restaurant on Dixie Highway. It was originally a Lum's, but was changed when the owner of the Lotus restaurant in Shively moved the business there.
I am hoping to find out if any restaurant still uses their recipes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area