Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 05:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,230 times

Advertisements

Hi, Anyone!

Fiance and I are moving to the Louisville area! We're relocating next month from another KY city, for what it's worth, but till this time last year we were in a popular Midwestern metropolis. So far, we really like Breckenridge Square Apts, but outside opinions can't hurt before we take the actual signing-of-the-lease plunge.

We're both relatively familiar (and comfortable, too) with what is often improperly deemed "the ghetto," so loud neighbors with or without attitude problems, mary jane smoke smells, and some fights outside never bother us. We're pretty easy to please, so such statements as "yeah, like, sometimes the closet doors don't close all the way" make us giggle.

But beyond that: anyone heard anything/seen anything/experienced anything/know anything about these apartments? Can't trust too many online reviews; those guys are scathing. And, you know, the only people who ever make such posts are bound to have their panties tangled by their living situation. Those with comfortable cotton knickers will rarely comment unless prompted.

Not just the apartments, though - How about the general area? It seems in close proximity to anything we need to access (our jobs and otherwise), so that's convenient. Location's important. We like the demographics. We like the way it looks. All these things we like, however, are very superficial because we don't have any direct experience with the area.

Those who do-- mind advising me? I also encourage any other comments about Louisville that this newcomer could use. We'll probably be there for the next few years.

Thank you, CD.

(Caffeine overload day; sorry if I became tangential)

thisthat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 06:34 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisthat View Post
Hi, Anyone!

Fiance and I are moving to the Louisville area! We're relocating next month from another KY city, for what it's worth, but till this time last year we were in a popular Midwestern metropolis. So far, we really like Breckenridge Square Apts, but outside opinions can't hurt before we take the actual signing-of-the-lease plunge.

We're both relatively familiar (and comfortable, too) with what is often improperly deemed "the ghetto," so loud neighbors with or without attitude problems, mary jane smoke smells, and some fights outside never bother us. We're pretty easy to please, so such statements as "yeah, like, sometimes the closet doors don't close all the way" make us giggle.

But beyond that: anyone heard anything/seen anything/experienced anything/know anything about these apartments? Can't trust too many online reviews; those guys are scathing. And, you know, the only people who ever make such posts are bound to have their panties tangled by their living situation. Those with comfortable cotton knickers will rarely comment unless prompted.

Not just the apartments, though - How about the general area? It seems in close proximity to anything we need to access (our jobs and otherwise), so that's convenient. Location's important. We like the demographics. We like the way it looks. All these things we like, however, are very superficial because we don't have any direct experience with the area.

Those who do-- mind advising me? I also encourage any other comments about Louisville that this newcomer could use. We'll probably be there for the next few years.

Thank you, CD.

(Caffeine overload day; sorry if I became tangential)

thisthat
I lived on the other side of the Watterson from those apts until I moved to Virginia last month. The area is safe and pretty good location for commuting. My main dislike about the area was dealing with traffic on Breckenridge Ln especially around Dutchmans Ln and Taylorsville Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area