Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 5,622 times

Advertisements

I've been looking through Craigslist for housing. Broadway Management Group has a bunch of cheap apartments that look ok and are in good (for me) locations. I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with them. Online reviews for them range from really awful to really good. Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,048,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmathey View Post
I've been looking through Craigslist for housing. Broadway Management Group has a bunch of cheap apartments that look ok and are in good (for me) locations. I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with them. Online reviews for them range from really awful to really good. Thanks for any help!
I know about them. Some of the properties are in good shape. But it is a large management company and they have a lot of work to do. I don't want to say anything bad about them, but I would look for a smaller property to live in that is well-cared for. Besides Craigslist, just drive around town. There are signs wherever you go. Talk to the tenants if you see them outside or the neighbors, and they can give you info on how well the property is being cared for and etc.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:13 PM

7 posts, read 13,292 times
Some of the apartments are horrible, some are great. Be aware that if you opt to live in an old house that was converted into apartments, you will have a very substantial heating bill in the summer. I lived at one such apartment that I rented through Broadway Management Group...they did absolutely no work on the windows to insulate it. Of course, it would have been a pricey thing to do. I've heard horror stories, but they fixed anything that was broken in a timely manner and I recieved the majority of my deposit back.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 3,617 times
I am a current tenant at one of their Old Louisville locations. Although it looks fine b/c it a cheap price; they are sticklers about the leases. They are considered contracts and they don't bend for anyone. I was renting with them once before (the Lofts of Broadway) and even though I had documentation that I was being transfered, they would not let me out. It was crazy. I would have had to pay over $5k in rent whether I was there or not. And yes, they are a very large management company so getting personal service when you have an important issue like a maintenance request is nearly impossible and they don't follow through on anything. Sorry but better to know everything ahead of time.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:25 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,766 times
We only know them as an organization that mostly rents to college students. If you go to into one of their units, you might have some serious quality of life issues. They are/were a constant issue at neighborhood meetings. In all fairness, they have been receptive to our concerns about problem renters in their properties, but we suffer some sleepless nights and damaged property until then. In short, just be aware of who your neighbors are going to be and if its a safe neighborhood or not.

Good luck in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area