Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:11 PM

40 posts, read 84,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckessee View Post
Try the glassworks building.
Any idea on rent prices for 3 bdm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 03:26 PM

797 posts, read 2,338,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ala300 View Post
Oh guys, another question: does anyone know a good "skyscraper" to live it? It must have 3 bedrooms. I love living in tall buildings, there is something about it. This is not a must, but it would be really cool!
Louisville doesn't have many skyscrapers in general, especially not many residential ones. Most of the taller residential buildings in the downtown are not ones you would want to live in due to location or quality. 3 bedrooms may be hard to come by in a skyscraper as well. I don't think Glassworks offers anything that big.

You might look into Kentucky Towers which is downtown. The Mayflower building in Old Louisville offers some good views. This is a picture I took from my buddy's apartment on the 7th floor when he lived there (IMG_3110 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!) and this is a wider view (Louisville - Mayflower Panorama | Flickr - Photo Sharing!). It was a little run down when he was there, but there's a nicer restaurant on the first floor and they've done some recent renovations so it may be better now (The Mayflower - Home)

There is also The 800 building a little closer to downtown. It's the one with the bluegreenish looking facade between the two domed buildings in the shot I took from the Mayflower. I know a single female that makes good money and lived there for a while when she first moved here, but from everything I've heard the place is a little run down as well. It was one of Louisville's first highrises so it's a little older (The 800 Private Residence Apartments - Louisville, KY 40203 | Apartments for Rent).

If you've got the money to spend, you could look to see if there are any places for rent in Waterfront Park Place. Mostly condos and expensive, but right downtown and on Waterfront Park. It would be amazing. I found this one, but 2 bedroom and $$$$$$ (Waterfront Park Place furnished luxury condo for rent!)

The Crescent Center would be another good option if you could settle for 2 bedrooms (The Crescent Centre | Residential Apartments in Downtown Louisville, Call Now 502.589.2828).

I just don't think you're going to find anything decent in a downtown highrise with 3 bedrooms. These are some of the other decent downtown places (CITY Properties Group - Apartments Available)

Old 08-22-2013, 03:27 PM

797 posts, read 2,338,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingIndiana View Post
Louisville doesn't have many skyscrapers in general, especially not many residential ones. Most of the taller residential buildings in the downtown are not ones you would want to live in due to location or quality. 3 bedrooms may be hard to come by in a skyscraper as well. I don't think Glassworks offers anything that big.

You might look into Kentucky Towers which is downtown. The Mayflower building in Old Louisville offers some good views. This is a picture I took from my buddy's apartment on the 7th floor when he lived there (IMG_3110 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!) and this is a wider view (Louisville - Mayflower Panorama | Flickr - Photo Sharing!). It was a little run down when he was there, but there's a nicer restaurant on the first floor and they've done some recent renovations so it may be better now (The Mayflower - Home)

There is also The 800 building a little closer to downtown. It's the one with the bluegreenish looking facade between the two domed buildings in the shot I took from the Mayflower. I know a single female that makes good money and lived there for a while when she first moved here, but from everything I've heard the place is a little run down as well. It was one of Louisville's first highrises so it's a little older (The 800 Private Residence Apartments - Louisville, KY 40203 | Apartments for Rent).

If you've got the money to spend, you could look to see if there are any places for rent in Waterfront Park Place. Mostly condos and expensive, but right downtown and on Waterfront Park. It would be amazing. I found this one, but 2 bedroom and $$$$$$ (Waterfront Park Place furnished luxury condo for rent!)

The Crescent Center would be another good option if you could settle for 2 bedrooms (The Crescent Centre | Residential Apartments in Downtown Louisville, Call Now 502.589.2828).

I just don't think you're going to find anything decent in a downtown highrise with 3 bedrooms. These are some of the other decent downtown places (CITY Properties Group - Apartments Available)
In any case, that should give you an idea of rent prices for 2 bedrooms and what you might expect if you find a 3 bedroom. Check out Craigslist. They may be out there!!

Old 08-22-2013, 09:17 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingIndiana View Post

Downtown Living Tour Participants | Louisville Downtown Management District

Still more options. There's plenty of options. It's just that many folks who have never lived downtown or haven't walked its streets in years have no idea all the people who now call downtown home.

I think your best bet may actually be the Galt House Apartments. It has a premiere location and I am pretty sure they have some 3 bedroom, very spacious units right on the river. The nice thing about Galt House is it puts you within walking distance of the burgeoning main st arena district but yet steps from the fast growing 4th street area and 4th st live. And it is a short cab/bus/trolley to east market/Nulu and the lower Highlands and Clifton for a change. Plus it is always a lively scene with plenty of on site restaurants and a convenience store.

Home

Another high-rise with probably not the best website but I believe they do have 3 bedrooms. I would not live in the Mayflower in Old Louisivlle.

Louisivlle's tallest residential tower is the 800. It is truly a skyscraper over 300 feet and I think 28 floors.

The 800 Luxury Apartments For Rent - Louisville, KY - YouTube

They have 3 bedrooms for very cheap (I think 1200 or so). There are great views but the building is so old I know they have several mechanical issues, although it is probably worth looking at because I have heard this may have changed. Although its location is good, it is in a "dead zone" south of Broadway which feels disconnected from the bars, museums, and restaurants of downtown, although it is only 3-5 blocks away from most stuff

Also keep in mind that there is a free trolley that circulates around main and also 4th street (it might be 25 cents now).

The ST Francis, Crescent Centre, and Glassworks are going to be your coolest, nicest, and most expensive midrise options (buildings 8-12 stories).

If you are ok with a building under 5 stories, then there are tons of great options downtown. If it were me, I would get involved with either the new Guthrie-Coke apartments, the Whiskey Row Lofts (absolutely stunning), of the apartments at the Henry Clay (around an 8 story building).

Kentucky Towers and Barrington Place are each around 18 stories, and Barrington Place does have a rooftop observation deck, while Kentucky Towers has a very cheap attached parking garage with a pool on the 7th floor.

Further east of downtown, the Lofts of Broadway are in an emerging area and are around 7 stories.

In the Highlands, there are several high-rises over 6 stories, the tallest of which is 1400 Willow, which is a 20 story condo building.

Also worth looking at are these:

WaterSide at RiverPark Place

While not in downtown proper, it is a short 1.5 mile bike ride along one of the most beautiful urban parks in the US. This development should have a highrise 17 story component break ground within the next few years.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:24 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times
Also, a quick map search of downtown on craigslist does not show a lot of 3 bedrooms, but I would contact the buildings I listed above, especially the Galt House. What are your plans? Are you getting 2 rommates?

If so, this place is absolutely STELLAR and the location close to the 24/7 bars. culture, movie theatre, and locally owned grocery in the lower Highlands cannot be beat:

3 Bedroom Apartment in Highlands

Here is the website for the Galt House apartments:

If you are looking for a lot of space in a downtown high-rise at minimal cost, I think this is your best bet:

http://louisvillewaterfrontliving.com/floorplans

Layout A on the 2 bedroom has 2 office spaces which could easily function as a small 3rd bedroom with a walk in closet across the hall.

Last edited by Peter1948; 08-22-2013 at 09:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area