Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2008, 08:24 PM

16 posts, read 95,870 times

Advertisements

i am hoping that this thread wasn't already created. i am new to posting on different boards and i think this one is pretty hip. i saw some of daniel light's flickr photos and wanted to discuss louisville from some people that might be interested instead of annoying the one friend i have down there :-)

so where are the "upscale" hair salons?

and if i wanted to post other questions like "any areas i should sta out of" etc, ...should i re-post elsewhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 09:44 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,773,121 times
There are definitely several upscale hair salons in the eastern portion of Jefferson County. I'm sure that there are others scattered around in other parts.

I prefer the eastern part of the county, which is generally considered more upscale in general, but I'm biased having grown up there.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:40 PM

7,054 posts, read 16,632,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
There are definitely several upscale hair salons in the eastern portion of Jefferson County. I'm sure that there are others scattered around in other parts.

I prefer the eastern part of the county, which is generally considered more upscale in general, but I'm biased having grown up there.
That's not totally true...parts of the urban city have upscale salons, including a branch of Z spa downtown, which is the region's largest spa and salon. David Scott is also an upscale salon downtown.

Per Business First's book of Lists, Z's and Joseph's are the largest and probably most popular. David Scott Salon downtown is also beautiful and upscale. Fritz's is a Salon and spa for men that is popular in the east suburbs.

In the Highlands, Pure Image is popular, and there are tons of little salons all over that area. I would really just do a google or yellow pages search for salons in Louisville. In Clifton, Bennie and Friends is upscale and does well.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:53 AM

16 posts, read 95,870 times
STX -

thanks for all of that. Bennie Pollard is a well known hairdresser and he has his own product line as well. i spoke with bennie at one time and he told me that i had to talk through his "underlings" whatever he called them.

I don't doubt that he isn't a great man with much to teach in hair...but i come from a Vidal Sassoon Salon. As of recently i have gotten some answers as to what i would need...

know this though, i would be honored to cut your hair as well as "off topic's" hair. it's the lesat i can do. and yeah gents i am that good!

Ben fu**in Mollin from the Bravo TV show is my friend and he has been "rockin manes since '93"

on a more creative note...for a person like me, should i be working downtown or in the highlands? i don't want to be in a snooty salon...know that...lemme know what you think!

here are some pics from the midwest beauty show in '06 on a mannquin that i did...

http://www.matthewbackus.com/compmann001.jpg (broken link)
http://www.matthewbackus.com/compmann002.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-14-2008, 10:05 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,334,810 times
Here is a salon on Baxter Ave -- with a help wanted sign in front
http://static2.bareka.com/photos/medium/7078937/untitled.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-14-2008, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 5,213 times
Default chicago hairdresser moving to louisville

like the reply just before mine, i would recommend the highlands area which has some truly fine salons. irene's on bardstown rd right down the street from shear image and from z's, is also looking for a stylist. welcome to louisville! the highlands is were it is at, for real! irene's number is 502.456.0077 good luck!

Old 01-16-2008, 06:56 AM

4,528 posts, read 6,215,422 times
Simplicity Salon, good location, owner Jerri is great. 502.895.0444

Old 02-06-2009, 12:42 AM

2 posts, read 9,516 times
Are there any upscale salons that want an african-american stylist who is very very good with all hairtypes and has the web to prove it.. Bennie and Friends treated me as if I had leprocy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area