Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2015, 03:25 PM

3 posts, read 4,129 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I am a communications major at the University of Louisville. I have been assigned a project entitled "Discovering Louisville" in which I have to explore a designated region to experience what's unique about the area and its neighborhoods. I was assigned the Butchertown/Crescent Hill/Lower Brownsboro/St. Matthews area (40206 and 40207) and was wondering what some places to check out in the area would be?

As part of the assignment I have to take various pictures of the area and interview several members of this community. I was wondering if there were possibly any members of the community that I could interview that are members of this message board?

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 04:07 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
For Butchertown I'd call the Thomas Edison House. Last time I went the tour guide was an older man who was a native of that neighborhood.

For the others you could consider Googling neighborhood associations for Clifton, Clifton Heights, Crescent Hill, and the city of St Matthews.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:38 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,323,960 times
Butchertown is a neat area. There's the newly renovated Butchertown Market which is nice and has a bunch of nice little shops. There's also a nice venue/event space called The Pointe in Butchertown that's very popular

Old 04-12-2015, 02:05 PM

3 posts, read 4,129 times
Is there perhaps anyone from the area that could give some insight on what it's like to live here?

I appreciate the comments I am going to check those place out! Thank you all so much.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:50 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSpicer View Post
Is there perhaps anyone from the area that could give some insight on what it's like to live here?

I appreciate the comments I am going to check those place out! Thank you all so much.
Contact the Butchertown Neighborhood association. They are very proud of their area and would likely help.

Maybe try here?
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Butch...38022206252086

Old 04-17-2015, 10:18 PM

24 posts, read 29,363 times
ya if you don't get anybody from post above, pm me. I am 40206, but just a resident, idk what your looking for. School for the Blind could take up your whole paper, so be careful to share space for each hood. Swift plant should be in your area, check for accuracy. That could also take half your paper, bc of the evolution of the plant, its financial impact on the area, and the endless wars the neighborhood has fought w its evolution, and SMELL! Gotten a lot better in last few yrs though. Cresent is kind of like the little bro the highlands, never really took flight, until recently. Very similar, but not the 1m$ victorian houses, and blocks from the park, not next door. The frankfort ave corridor is a woulda coulda shoulda, but coming around. Heck, call Tom owen, or email. Make sure you can hang out and get a long chat w him, somehow. And record it, bc then your paper will be finito. your golden egg, over done. Lower brownsboro, gonna be tough to suck anything out of that rock, maybe that everyone calls the kroger there dirty kroger. As you get towards st matts, better area, but maybe not any history either. White ppl trying to act preppy dancing to soul music w 2 left feet, and the toughest cops on the beat. Maybe Rock Creek riding club, check zip for accuracy, go take a pic and mention William Shatner comes w his Hackneys, or mention the summer competitions and their draw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area