U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-22-2008, 12:32 PM

22 posts, read 30,982 times
Default Which is the best streets/area on Bardstown Rd for buying house?

Hi, we are planning to buy a house/condo around Bardstown Rd, but we don't have much knowledge as to how far we can go on both sides of the road.Can someone help us in identifying the area/streets within which we should be looking for a house. We are planning to stay under $250,000. Will we get something nice in that price range?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 06:20 PM

3,759 posts, read 7,672,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanz1904 View Post
Hi, we are planning to buy a house/condo around Bardstown Rd, but we don't have much knowledge as to how far we can go on both sides of the road.Can someone help us in identifying the area/streets within which we should be looking for a house. We are planning to stay under $250,000. Will we get something nice in that price range?
First you need to specify house or condo. And how many square feet? You can get something nice but the high end stuff will be out of reach. Still, there are many nice condos in the 2-3 bedroom range with about 1200-1500 sf for around 250k. Search cragslist first, then use the real estate finder at Semonin Realtors | Louisville Kentucky and Indiana Largest Real Estate Broker. The Highlands is a wonderful and booming, pedestrian oriented area where you may choose traditional condos, a few highrise condo buildings, rehabedd builidngs, or fixer upers. There is also some new condo construction in the area.

Any of the streets that criss cross Bardstown Road from its terminus at Baxter Avenue all the way up to I-264 is a very desirable, urban district.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the reply! We are looking for a Single family home and not a condo.... Somewhere arnd 1500 - 2000 sq ft. We did see something nice on Eastern Parway and Morton Avenue. Are those areas safe?

Old 01-23-2008, 11:01 AM

5,404 posts, read 12,151,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanz1904 View Post
Thanks for the reply! We are looking for a Single family home and not a condo.... Somewhere arnd 1500 - 2000 sq ft. We did see something nice on Eastern Parway and Morton Avenue. Are those areas safe?
That's a really nice and safe area

Old 01-23-2008, 11:54 AM

209 posts, read 465,604 times
I'm confused - are those two different houses? Morton doesn't come particularly close to Eastern Parkway...

Old 01-23-2008, 01:32 PM

25 posts, read 51,408 times
Default Highlands, Louisville

The Highlands area of Louisville extends on either side of Bardstown Road approximately starting to the South at the Watterson Expressway and going North to Broadway. It extends roughly to the West to Goss Avenue and East to Cherokee Park.

There are several other areas that have similar chararteristics to the Highlands such as Crescent Hill and Clifton that you might consider.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:00 PM

5,404 posts, read 12,151,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louroclou View Post
I'm confused - are those two different houses? Morton doesn't come particularly close to Eastern Parkway...
Generally speaking, it is in the vicinity. Morton Ave is in the Original Highlands, which is a very nice area. I used to live on E Breckinridge Street in O-H. It is probably a little more affordable than the rest of The Highlands.

Interesting fact: There is a factory at the corner of Morton & Baxter Ave which makes 90% of the world's DISCO BALLS!

Original Highlands, Louisville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-24-2008, 09:13 AM

25 posts, read 51,408 times
Default Either side is similar in resale value

Either side of Bardstown Road is similar in resale value if you stay in the general boundaries I identifyed yesterday. The key is in the individual home its condition, price and specific location. Every home is unique that way.

Price, condition and location are still the leading factors in a purchase decision.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louroclou View Post
We saw two different houses.. One in Eastern parkway and other at Morton Avenue.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:19 AM

209 posts, read 465,604 times
I went to school on Morton - back in the olden days when that school (what is it now?) was Atherton. I was there 10th and 11th grades - then we were the first graduating class from the 'new' Atherton. That street brings back memories - and it hasn't changed much, except it's now in one of the pulse-points of the Bardstown/ Baxter social scene ( I bet patrons park up and down Morton, esp on the weekends).

Last edited by louroclou; 01-24-2008 at 10:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area