Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 08:22 PM

666 posts, read 2,525,853 times

Advertisements

Are there any new chains coming to the Louisville area in the near future?( I know we have a lot already) Like maybe some new grocery stores like Publix. Or some new restaurants or shops. I'm getting tired of the same chain restaurants and there being a Kroger on every corner, we need some more diversity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 08:49 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,777,387 times
If you want diversity, don't go to chains.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:48 PM

7,064 posts, read 16,643,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
If you want diversity, don't go to chains.
AMEN!

Keep Louisville Weird - Buy Local First

You need to do your homework on the diverse city in which you reside

Old 01-22-2008, 09:58 PM

okay but that isnt really answering the thread....

Old 01-22-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdawg View Post
okay but that isnt really answering the thread....
well. McCormick and Schmick's and Trader Joe's are looking at sites around the metro. We will see if they pan out. I also hear of a big chain announcement for 4th and Muhammad Ali in the old Rodes spot. Then you have places like Indigo Joe's and RJ Gators which are located in the new lifestyle center the Villages of Westport. I also hear Bd's Mongolian BD is opening soon. There's so much popping chain wise in the east suburbs I cannot keep up, but that is what I know so far.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
well. McCormick and Schmick's and Trader Joe's are looking at sites around the metro. We will see if they pan out. I also hear of a big chain announcement for 4th and Muhammad Ali in the old Rodes spot. Then you have places like Indigo Joe's and RJ Gators which are located in the new lifestyle center the Villages of Westport. I also hear Bd's Mongolian BD is opening soon. There's so much popping chain wise in the east suburbs I cannot keep up, but that is what I know so far.
i live in middletown, where pretty much everything is a chain so thats why i asked. im not really getting my hopes up about any stores unique to Louisville opening around here, even though there are a few. It seems like all the new shopping centers are only interested in national or regional chains.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
i live in middletown, where pretty much everything is a chain so thats why i asked. im not really getting my hopes up about any stores unique to Louisville opening around here, even though there are a few. It seems like all the new shopping centers are only interested in national or regional chains.
Not TOTALLY true...there was a recent LEO article talking about the move of wonderful and unique urban restaurants to open branches in the suburbs. This is happening all over the country, and I certainly saw it five years ago in Chicago. Louisville is now large enough that its suburbs need their own upscsale unique restaurants when suburbanites don't feel like the half an hour trek into the city for something unique. Check out the www.louisvillehoutbytes.com (broken link) forum for this issue.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:08 PM

yeah, i guess that has been happening a little. With the new Corbett's opening, maybe it will spark some more upscale restaurants to expand more into the eastern suburbs.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
yeah, i guess that has been happening a little. With the new Corbett's opening, maybe it will spark some more upscale restaurants to expand more into the eastern suburbs.
Oh there's many more...look harder But you are right, the suburban options in Louisville as far as dining are kind of bland. Reminds me a lot of Lexington in that regard.

Rising trend for ‘07: fine dining comes to suburbia | LEO Weekly

and this today:

LouisvilleHotBytes.com

St matthews is a rising "funky" area, especially north of the malls. Its an example of how an inner ring suburb turned trendy creates nice boutique shopping and tons of interesting food options, from North Indian to Chicago Style hot dogs to Martini lounges.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:56 PM

yeah i like going to st. matthews, but it would be nice to have something 5-10 min away but hey beggers cant be choosers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area