Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 12:50 AM

4 posts, read 4,753 times

Advertisements

I grew up across the bridge in Southern Indiana, in a lovely little section outside of Martinsburg that was closest to Greenville but was considered Palmyra and utilities came from multiple counties. Really weird place. But was where my heart was.

Long story short, my Freshman year of Highschool my step-dad died and mom moved us back down south. I was not thrilled. But I have lived here the past 11 years, but with the strong desire to move back to Louisville.

I am now engaged and we are aiming at moving to the Louisville area in the next year. I have call center experience and customer service experience and he has been a shift manager at Pizza Hut for the past 3 years.

What does the job market look like especially for the two of us? Also is 500-800 a month housing feasible in Louisville or outside in the New Albany Clarksville Jeffersonville area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 02:46 AM

14,670 posts, read 7,970,612 times
I believe that the Louisville job market is booming pretty well right now.
(A quick look at Indeed list over 14,000 job listings)

Jobs, Employment in Louisville, KY | Indeed.com

I believe that you would be able to find housing in your price range.
As far as apartment/rental homes cost go:
Cragislist louisville

Louisville Hotpads

Old 08-24-2015, 10:08 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,410,923 times
Congrats on your engagement. I bet you could find a job like your current one pretty easily in Louisville if you were a reliable person. I was once a shift manager for Papa Johns in the suburb of Prospect and with the HQ of Pizza hut being in Louisville (Yum Brands), you have the opportunity to move even higher in food service if you so desire. My old boss at the store I worked at became the corporate trainer for Papa Johns not long after I left and she did pretty well for herself. That door opened more easily because Papa Johns is also HQed in Louisville.

My brother lives in the Camp Taylor area and he has a pretty nice old house that he and his roommate rent for $800/mo and it has 2 BR and a huge basement. The area isn't great, but it's safe. I like their house quite a bit for that value.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:36 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,337,451 times
My wife is from nearby Pekin, that is a pretty area. Louisville is a call center hub I'd think you could get a good job. Rent is cheaper on the Indiana side and if you want a 2 bedroom it would be feasible. My old 1 br on the east end was $650. Bridge situation will be much better in just over a year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area