Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 11:13 AM

280 posts, read 323,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Louisville gets a lot of accolades for being a bohemian/hipster town. Many of these towns have been discovered by gentrifiers and much of what made the city what it was is lost in the process.

When (or if) do you think Louisville will be "discovered?"

When more diversity flourishes there.

I love Louisville (I have Thoroughbreds in IN and visit often), but it's still Kentucky - I'd live there if it weren't for that fact. I'm moving back to CA after my daughter graduates in 1.5 years - I've seriously considered Louisville but just can't take the ultra-conservativism of the Midwest in general. But that's just me.

I wish things would change soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 02:48 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,657,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
How is Times Square not "real"? Very odd. A place is only "real" if it's dangerous, dirty, and miserable?
No. But let's face it, when you go to Disneyland, do you think it's real? Just think of Times Square as the new Disneyland of sorts for Yuppies and the 1%. Not a place worth visiting. I guess a lot of NYC is now like that. The East Village used to have CBGB. Now what's there? A high end clothing store.

Anyway, I liked Louisville before they "fixed" it.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:44 PM

26,374 posts, read 46,217,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmtcm View Post
When more diversity flourishes there.

I love Louisville (I have Thoroughbreds in IN and visit often), but it's still Kentucky - I'd live there if it weren't for that fact. I'm moving back to CA after my daughter graduates in 1.5 years - I've seriously considered Louisville but just can't take the ultra-conservativism of the Midwest in general. But that's just me.
It is a mixture of the South, Appalachia, and Midwest all tied into one package. I've lived in the Upper Midwest before, zero similarities at all to Louisville metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area