U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 12:33 PM

7 posts, read 5,514 times

Advertisements

Thank you Greg!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 01:29 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,299,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan8801 View Post
Thank you Greg!

You're welcome, If you need any other info, please don't hesitate to ask

Old 01-24-2016, 04:57 PM

421 posts, read 306,923 times
If you've been in Texas all your life, something to consider is that you'll be paying Kentucky income tax if you go north. That can add up. I grew up in the southern Indiana burbs and came to San Antonio and pretty well stayed here in the area since 1979. Was in Louisville late last year and the only thing I saw that I missed was White Castle. Love me some White Castle.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:21 AM

76 posts, read 76,788 times
Default I hate Houston

Texan 8801- I relocated to Houston (western suburbs in Katy) over 3 years ago. I can not wait to move out of the Houston area. I HATE it! The HOT & HUMID summers are brutal, but what bothers me more is the CRIME. (yes, even the suburbs are bad) Honestly, this is the most crime ridden area I've ever lived in. The drivers here are insane as well! I could not agree with you more. With that being said, I have never lived in Louisville. I am on this board because we may relocate there too! (still interviewing for job) If we end up relocating there, we are Oldham County bound. Cost of living is fantastic! The only negative I can find is that there is state income tax. Honestly, I am ok with it because I feel it will be a safer place to live & very family friendly. Just my opinion from what I have researched online. With that being said, I prefer smaller cities over larger cities as well. I also prefer 4 seasons as I am originally from the northeast. I have my fingers & toes crossed that I can get out of Houston & relocate to Louisville. If you end up moving there, please post your thoughts. I will too. Best of luck to you!

Old 02-04-2016, 10:01 AM

81 posts, read 69,709 times
Louisville is a good large city, lots of opportunities for work. Traffic can be bad here, but nothing compares to Houston traffic. I couldnt drive anywhere in Houston without fear of being hit! Im originally from Corpus but have family in Houston area. Seems like we have alot in common texan. Im going to send you a PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or