U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 09:03 AM

83 posts, read 114,282 times

Advertisements

I'm a new homeowner and as such, I'm in the market for lawn care and tree trimming services. What's a reasonable amount to pay for lawn care (just basic mowing, yard is on the smaller end) and occasional tree trimming in Louisville and surrounding areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 05:26 PM

6,295 posts, read 13,176,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springisnew13 View Post
I'm a new homeowner and as such, I'm in the market for lawn care and tree trimming services. What's a reasonable amount to pay for lawn care (just basic mowing, yard is on the smaller end) and occasional tree trimming in Louisville and surrounding areas?
lot size? most yards are 80-100 a month that includes weekly lawn cutting and edging and monthly trimming.

Anything over .25 acre, extensive biushes and trees or big hills and water features with large landscape beds can add much more.

Call and get 3 quotes!

Old 03-22-2016, 03:16 PM

3,464 posts, read 4,300,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springisnew13 View Post
If you are in the Highlands you might get the "Highlands Bump" which is homecare service people automatically add 100.00 to anything because the think you are rich. Watch for that. To echo what Peter said, get quotes! Some tree companies are unacceptable from a business standpoint, I found out after a few tree incidents. Be very careful. A lot of fly-by-nite'rs operating under the tree care banner

Old 03-22-2016, 05:00 PM

791 posts, read 1,128,415 times
I know this sounds foolish but, unless for some reason you are physically unable, why don't you just do it your self...........? It's not rocket science...if it was I couldn't do it. I mow a lot more than a .25 acre lot. Not to mention all the work down the road. After all, it's good fer ye. Just go down to wal march and buy ye a 100.00 mower and some lopers. Take a day off from the gym and your set.

I'm sorry.....I don't know what came over me.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:19 PM

3,464 posts, read 4,300,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
I know this sounds foolish but, unless for some reason you are physically unable, why don't you just do it your self...........? It's not rocket science...if it was I couldn't do it. I mow a lot more than a .25 acre lot. Not to mention all the work down the road. After all, it's good fer ye. Just go down to wal march and buy ye a 100.00 mower and some lopers. Take a day off from the gym and your set.

I'm sorry.....I don't know what came over me.
When I moved to my house, I did the whole .25 with a reel mower! No motor. 20" wide
the problem was, I have loads of mature trees in my yard, and when they dropped branches, the reel mower would just stop, like it hit a wall, lol. Got old, fast. Broke down and got a little power mower. Much easier, but I lost my green hippy creds

Old 03-22-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
When I moved to my house, I did the whole .25 with a reel mower! No motor. 20" wide
the problem was, I have loads of mature trees in my yard, and when they dropped branches, the reel mower would just stop, like it hit a wall, lol. Got old, fast. Broke down and got a little power mower. Much easier, but I lost my green hippy creds

Hippy?? Your a Hippy to? Now I'm an old Hippy...that sounds familiar... You need a John Deere!

Old 03-24-2016, 03:25 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QjRfLfnd4KE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 03-25-2016, 03:08 PM

1,124 posts, read 798,460 times
I have a weeping willow in my front yard and that thing sheds worse than.....well, something that sheds a freakin' whole lot! All this wind we've had recently has made it worse, and I really don't have the time or patience to keep up with it. My landlady told me about a guy she knows who would only charge $50/mo for mowing and basic yardwork. Our yard isn't that big, but my time is worth more than $50/mo, so it seems worthwhile.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:22 PM

6,295 posts, read 13,176,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServoMiff View Post
I have a weeping willow in my front yard and that thing sheds worse than.....well, something that sheds a freakin' whole lot! All this wind we've had recently has made it worse, and I really don't have the time or patience to keep up with it. My landlady told me about a guy she knows who would only charge $50/mo for mowing and basic yardwork. Our yard isn't that big, but my time is worth more than $50/mo, so it seems worthwhile.
Servo...would you mind PMing me with this referral! That seems cheap .Do you have a quarter acre? Will they include edging, sweep and clean up for that? And bush trimming too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or