U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 02:50 PM

2,057 posts, read 2,769,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
It wasn't a lie, Sir. I have no reason to lie. But I'm glad you said something, so I can have a chance to clear it up. I didn't lie. I miss spoke. I apparently was under the wrong impression that Missouri segregated it's buses and water fountains and I assumed their restrooms as well. My apologies to the people of Missouri.
You aren't completely wrong. Those things did happen in parts of Missouri, but it was regional.

As much as I wish it wasn't the case, much of Southeast Missouri did have segregated seating on buses, segregated train cars, segregated theaters and restaurants specifically for African Americans. (Listed as such in business directories) This occured as far north as Cape Girardeau. I believe a few years back somebody posted a link that said once a train reached Cape heading south, the train would have to stop and the passengers had to segregate before the train could continue. I'm not sure how the rest of the state was during that time.

My admittedly limited experience with Louisville reminds me of how I grew up. You grow up in your family & around your family's friends, and your cultural viewpoints are reflective of those people. The odd thing about places like Louisville is that there are multiple cultures present in the same place. I've met people from Louisville that seemed like they belonged in Tennessee and some that seemed like they belonged in Ohio.

As for St. Louis, put me in the "completely Midwestern" camp.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:51 PM

3,574 posts, read 3,083,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U146 View Post
Louisville and Kentucky from a modern standpoint have strong ties to the South AS WELL AS historically. That is different from Missouri and St. Louis, which shed most of their Southern ties awhile back. I can see how you would be a non-expert in this area. Before you try and personally attack me, I suggest you come up with better facts than me. Oh wait, you have none. Go away.
The point is to showcase that you are just as biased as those who you are exposing as biased.
Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or