U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 08:13 PM

9 posts, read 4,600 times

Advertisements

On July 1 my little boy (almost 3) and I will be moving to New Albany.

What fun things are there to do in NA and Louisville with a small child? What parks, pools, wtx? I'm excited to explore the area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 10:10 PM

15 posts, read 11,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskristy34 View Post
On July 1 my little boy (almost 3) and I will be moving to New Albany.

What fun things are there to do in NA and Louisville with a small child? What parks, pools, wtx? I'm excited to explore the area!
NA: Check out Falls of the Ohio park although don't let the kid drink from the water. Or get in it. The Ohio river isn't good for either of those things. It's pretty good to look at though.

Louisville: Check out E. Leland Taylor, Chicaksaw or Shawnee Park. These are the best park systems in Louisville.

Also if he likes bats, they have a museum showcasing the bats you'll find in mega cavern. They are made in Louisville.

Also maybe check out Shepherdsville and the nearby Bernheim Forest. There's nothing else like that in the Louisville area.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:24 PM

6,297 posts, read 13,182,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexington_Resident View Post
NA: Check out Falls of the Ohio park although don't let the kid drink from the water. Or get in it. The Ohio river isn't good for either of those things. It's pretty good to look at though.

Louisville: Check out E. Leland Taylor, Chicaksaw or Shawnee Park. These are the best park systems in Louisville.

Also if he likes bats, they have a museum showcasing the bats you'll find in mega cavern. They are made in Louisville.

Also maybe check out Shepherdsville and the nearby Bernheim Forest. There's nothing else like that in the Louisville area.
I would strongly advise against any of those parks....they are all in dangerous parts of West Louisville. Unless you are a true urbanite who savors racial and socieconomic diversity.

The other advise is ok.

This water park in New Albany is new and amazing

River Run | New Albany Family Waterpark

Get a Kentucky Kingdom pass for around 60 bucks.

Get a Louisville Science Center Pass.
Of course the zoo is great. Tons of other museums like Slugger Museum. Sports games, pro soccer, minor leage baseball Louisville bats. UofL sports games.

Lots of fun places in Louisville depending on the age. In Bernheim forest they have a ropes and ziplining course.

The Louisville Mega Cavern is cool.

The best urban parks in Louisville are Cherokee, Waterfront Park (and you must do the walking bridge the Big Four Bridge). Suburban wise, the best parks are the Parklands at Floyds Forks, where you can hike and canoe.

For rainy days, theres lots of places...Main Event Entertainment is one. Renaissance Fun Park. Kart Kountry in the south suburbs and many more. The SPeed Art Museum is free on Sunday and has a children's play area. Louisville is one of the best metro areas I have seen for kids.

Old 06-16-2016, 04:29 AM

14,068 posts, read 9,796,392 times
The Louisville library system has good children's programs, so you might want to check that out. Below is a site with child friendly activities in Louisville.

Fun things to do with kids in Louisville | KY - on FamilyDaysOut.com
Moderator - Asia, Kentucky, Lexington, and Louisville

Old 06-18-2016, 07:31 AM

9 posts, read 4,600 times
Thanks for all the info everyone! We love the library and parks so that sounds great!

Is Silver Street park a good park? I noticed they have a splash pad. Are there any other splash pads in NA? And does NA have a waterfront park?

Old 06-18-2016, 07:34 AM

4,754 posts, read 1,822,218 times
Riverbats games, floyds fork park has everything outside.

Pool wise, you are best to get the season pass for ky kingdom. Honestly the season pass pays for itself.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:31 PM

6,297 posts, read 13,182,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskristy34 View Post
Thanks for all the info everyone! We love the library and parks so that sounds great!

Is Silver Street park a good park? I noticed they have a splash pad. Are there any other splash pads in NA? And does NA have a waterfront park?
yes yes and yes. New Albany is expanding their waterfront park to connect with clarksville, and jeff, via a bridge over silver creek. There is a decent waterfront park and amphitheater there now. Are you in the area? Just go explore. All of NA is safe to explore at any hour.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:50 AM

3 posts, read 1,878 times
Hi! Welcome to the area. We're also in New Albany and have a two and a half year old. If you're a SAHM check out Wiggles and Giggles free playtime at the Griffin community center on Mondays and Thursdays. SIGS gymnastics has a pretty great bounce time certain days of the week. Sparrow's Tree on Vincennes has opportunities to meet other mamas and littles. In Louisville there's Mama's Hip and The Diaper Fairy Cottage that have various playgroups, story times, music classes during the week and on weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area