U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 10:02 AM

6 posts, read 3,330 times

Advertisements

I am desperately trying to get a family member to go to an ER for a possible blood clot. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't want to send them somewhere that doesn't take this seriously or doesn't have the imaging necessary to diagnose. I am not in the state and know little to nothing about the area except that they are near the airport in Louisville.

Thank you for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 10:31 AM

9,583 posts, read 20,456,271 times
I'd go with a bigger hospital like Jewish, Norton, or Baptist. Just east of downtown there are a cluster of hospitals, another cluster is around I-64/ I-264.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:05 AM

Do you have any Urgent Care recommendations in the even that I can't convince them to go to the ER?

Old 06-17-2016, 01:04 PM

242 posts, read 307,938 times
There are quite a few urgent care centers around the area run by Baptist hospital system. Those would be my choice because they have a direct connect to the main Baptist East hospital in the event further treatment/diagnosis is needed. Depending on what part of the county your relative lives in I'm sure there will be one fairly convenient to them.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:23 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 2,945,131 times
There seem to also be a lot of urgent care centers run by the Norton hospital system. Which is better, Norton or Baptist?

Old 06-17-2016, 02:34 PM

242 posts, read 307,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
There seem to also be a lot of urgent care centers run by the Norton hospital system. Which is better, Norton or Baptist?

It's basically a matter of opinion. It just depends on who you talk to. We've always gone to the ones run by Baptist and have had good success there, they actually save my life one time.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:42 PM

6,295 posts, read 13,173,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanienicole View Post
Do you have any Urgent Care recommendations in the even that I can't convince them to go to the ER?
Do NOT go to urgent care. They cannot diagnose blood clot. Must go to ER. Any are fine. Baptist east and Norton Suburban in St Matthews are the best

Old 06-21-2016, 08:28 AM

2,391 posts, read 3,865,534 times
Don't go to Jewish Hospital, which is now Kentucky One~! If your near the airport, your near St. Mary's. If you choose a downtown hospital go to University. They are knowledgeable and have tons of Doctors that can assist you. You shouldn't wait if it is a blood clot cause that is very serious. If the person can't walk and if it is that serious, call the ambulance and they will take them to on of the downtown hospitals. Urgent care places are not the place to go for a blood clot, but the emergency room ASAP. And something like this question should not of been posted IMO because a blood clot is serious because the person can have all sorts of issues going on when they have a blood clot as well as their life on the line. Sorry, just speaking my mind. No offense please~!

Old 07-07-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Don't go to Jewish Hospital, which is now Kentucky One~! If your near the airport, your near St. Mary's. If you choose a downtown hospital go to University. They are knowledgeable and have tons of Doctors that can assist you. You shouldn't wait if it is a blood clot cause that is very serious. If the person can't walk and if it is that serious, call the ambulance and they will take them to on of the downtown hospitals. Urgent care places are not the place to go for a blood clot, but the emergency room ASAP. And something like this question should not of been posted IMO because a blood clot is serious because the person can have all sorts of issues going on when they have a blood clot as well as their life on the line. Sorry, just speaking my mind. No offense please~!

I understand your concern in feeling this is not the place to ask and normally I wouldn't. The situation was a truck driver who doesn't live or know anyone in KY. I was perhaps over reacting to my own fear of loosing said truck driver. The only symptoms were swelling & purple toes + family history. There had been a major trauma to the leg days before but there was no warmth in the area and he could walk fine.

The end result is that he didn't go until Monday and when he went for a scan there were no clots found.

I appreciate all of the information and veggienut you are very right blood clots are serious and the ER is the first place you should go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area