U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 09:43 PM

1,123 posts, read 798,460 times

Advertisements

No body damage, just need to repaint my wife's car. It's got a lot of sun damage from being in Florida and California. I've called a dozen body shops and nobody does all-over paint jobs, because they're too busy doing body repair because of all the terrible drivers locally.

I'd rather not go super cheap with Maaco, but it seems that my options are limited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 04:46 AM

14,059 posts, read 9,787,161 times
When we lived near Louisville we found there were things we wanted as consumers where it was better to go to Louisville and things where it was better to avoid Louisville. For most skilled labor jobs we found staying away was better just because of what you are talking about, many places had more business than they wanted. This is not to say there aren't good places in Louisville but since you have already struck out those appears to be one of those services where finding the willing is not easy. If you are willing to travel, these are the people who did our car about four years ago. They did a great job. If Radcliff is too far (it's 20-35 minutes depending on where you are starting) you might want to consider looking at shops in some of the counties surrounding Jefferson County, which won't be as busy so they might be more willing to do a whole car.

Jack Hart Body Shop
Moderator - Asia, Kentucky, Lexington, and Louisville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or